This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Store not turning on - ChromeBook CX5400

louieraramos
Star I

I just got my Chromebook CX5400. I tried installing Apps but it wouldn't let me. Play Store doesnt seem to be enabled. It says its managed by the administrators, my G account is an admin. see screenshot

I can't install the apps that I want to use ie: Dropbox, ESET Mobile security and others. When I go to the web browser app store, it only says Install on more devices, Has anyone gone through this experience. I am new to Chromebook, I am a windows guy.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

Thank you but I have already followed those steps, it didn't work. As per the screenshot I attached, I couldn't enable the Play Store, the Turn On button is not clickable. It says that the Administrator is managing that, I am an Admin. How can we resolve this?

@louieraramos 
If the problem persists, please refer to the following FAQ to restore the system.
[Chromebook] Recover Chromebook operating system 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.