This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was low on battery, turned off and now keeps rebooting while charging.

Jeronimo
Star I
Info:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro
Firmware Version: Not sure but it's Android up to date (July 2020)
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time while charging
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I was using my Zenfone 5 selfie pro as usual when it suddenly turned off, it was low on battery but it was >5% so i wasn't expecting that to happen. Then when I connected my charger it showed the charging screen, then it turned off, then showed the charging screen, then turned off and so on... This keeps happening.
Also the LED that indicates if it's charging is off. I tried with other 2 chargers (which worked on other phones) and the same happened.
I have had this phone for about 2 years so maybe it could be that the battery has finally given up, but I would really appreciate some insight into what might be happening.
I would be thankful for any help you can give me, or your experience if you've had this same problem!
10 REPLIES 10

cruz_jazon69
Star I
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98415#Comment_98415

Yes, 90% probability..... Did your handset ever did fell??? Not imp if it fell that time..... I was driving and had an accident came home and phone wasn't charging.... (got to know after 6 hours) I opened my sealed back myself.... (2 year old phone)... And I saw that one of the Flex cables got unclipped from it's place..... Which was the flex connecting SB TO MB.... I knew it was done due to that shock my phone went during the crash accident. So yeah, I left the flex cable like that.... sealed back my phone as it is.... Took it to service centre they told my it will cost around ₹1000 (12$) (500 service charge +350 subboard+150 flex cables) 😂😂.... They said.... Your subboard as well as flex cables are damaged. 😂😂I laughed.... I denied... Said them pls return the phone without sealing it. They gave and I clipped the Flex cables back again.... And yeah... Its working smooth since then. 😂So that was my exp. Hope this will also help you. FYI.... MY PHONE WAS LIKE WHEN I PLUGGED IN CHARGER.... THE RED LED WOULD BE ON FOR 3 SEC... THEN GO AWAY... INDICATING THAT PHONE WAS GETTING POWER BUT BATTERY WASN'T CHARGING. SO IF THAT'S HAPPENING TO YOU. THEN HERE YOU HAVE IT.

PEACE.

View post
yes it did fell in stairs but that was a long time ago but my phone is like that when i charge it red led then a empty charging battery logo it vibrates and then go off and then it repeats, when i turn on it it will only show asus logo then vibrates then go off, but when i push the power button and volume up it will go stuck at fastboot mode and it wont shutdown until you press the power button again so i dont think that my battery is the problem, sorry for my english mate hope you understand it thankyou, how can i open my open to check the cable and how can i close it again

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi cruz.jazon69
Thank you for your reply. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
A. Update your firmware version to the latest version
B. Change adapter and cable
C. Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key"
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Factory data reset"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the situation remain the same after the hardware reset, because your device once suffered a strong physical impact, please bring your device to the repair center and follow the diagnosis of the local engineer.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
cruz.jazon69

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98626#Comment_98626

yes it did fell in stairs but that was a long time ago but my phone is like that when i charge it red led then a empty charging battery logo it vibrates and then go off and then it repeats, when i turn on it it will only show asus logo then vibrates then go off, but when i push the power button and volume up it will go stuck at fastboot mode and it wont shutdown until you press the power button again so i dont think that my battery is the problem, sorry for my english mate hope you understand it thankyou, how can i open my open to check the cable and how can i close it again

View post
Ohhh! That's for sure not the Flex cables problem. For this.... I will suggest you to not follow any advices apart from moderators and go for a service centre to check the problem.

My phone not charge during on .
How to fix that ?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Christine_ASUS

Hi cruz.jazon69

Thank you for your reply. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

A. Update your firmware version to the latest version

B. Change adapter and cable

C. Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:

0. Try to back up your data with USB cable

1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"

2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key"

3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen

4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Factory data reset"

5. "Reboot system now"

#Hardware Reset Guide

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/

Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the situation remain the same after the hardware reset, because your device once suffered a strong physical impact, please bring your device to the repair center and follow the diagnosis of the local engineer.

View post
Hi cruzkemueljoseph
Thank you for your asking. Please try to clean the port with compressed air can first. Then follow the three steps I mentioned above. If the situation remain the same, kindly bring your device to the nearest repair center for device checking.