This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove earphone icon on status bar?

epanme
Star I
Problem: When the earphone IS NOT PLUGGED IN the icon is there and the phone is still on earphone mode, no sound coming out of the speakers even though music is playing. But when the earphone IS PLUGGED IN the icon disappears but still the phone is on earphone mode, I can hear the music/sound through the earphones.
Actions taken so far:
1. Cleaned the earphone jack using q-tips.
2. Plugging the earphones in and out. Twist and toggle earphones.
3. Reboot phone several times.
4. Entered SAFE MODE to see if the problem persist, and it's still is.

Update: 10:21 PM GMT +8.00
5. Went to Recovery Mode and Wipe partition cache. Then reboot.
Problem update: The icon won't disappear even if the earphones are plugged in or not.
5 REPLIES 5

epanme
Star I
Update: 10:21 PM GMT +8.00
5. Went to Recovery Mode and Wipe partition cache. Then reboot.
Problem update: The icon won't disappear even if the earphones are plugged in or not.

Vinay_Kumar_Kor
Star II
I too Faced the same a month ago I never came across that Issue like Headphone Mode, I thought I Always plugin the earphone so I thought they got stuck, I Cleaned the Jack with Earbud to and forth my issue got solved but now my Earphones make a weird noise Like Radio Signals, Asus Should Look into this..

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
Thank you for your asking. I just checked my ZB602KL, attaching firmware version WW-16.2017.2007.084 and WW-17.2017.2006.429, and both device work properly with the earphones plug in/out. The voice performance and the icon also did not encounter the same situation as yours.
Please backup the data and try "the Factory Reset" first.
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Try to clean the port with the compressed air can, too.
If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

akash03149
Star I
Headphone icon stuck, not able to take calls as microphone don't work when headphone icon there, rebot it already.but it didn't work, I am stuck with phone which didn't able to take call