This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Flip UX461FA Un-responsive on Boot

Hifni
Star I
System: Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX461FA
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I noticed lately that if I boot my laptop after a Shutdown on the previous day it just gets stuck on Manufacturer's Boot screen; In my case I have ASUS ZenBook and my device does not go any where else other than being freeze in the Screen where it shows Manufacturer's Logo; This happened at randomly but not frequently. To overcome this, I have to forcefully shutdown the device by holding on to the Power button for few seconds and switching back it again. I have noticed on the 2nd try it boots, but I see a loading circle unlike in my first attempt before I was able to see the username and password screen.
Steps I taken recently were, Upgrading to BIOS 302. I felt after this installation, this issue happened quite regularly. I even noticed after the BIOS upgrade, the system shuts it down if the device is left on Sleep for a substantial time.

5 REPLIES 5

Hifni
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS and @graham.betts
After reviewing for a period, I have not come across the issue again. This issue is not related to Windows and no need to revert to Windows 1909. This issue is due to BIOS. Anybody having the issue just update your BIOS; Infact, BIOS version 302 did not work at all, but precisely install version 303 and voila!
I have updated my Windows to 2004 and works like a charm. Infact, I installed the BIOS version 302 and 303 while being in Windows 2004.