This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte will soon be required for TMobile

mosimchah
Rising Star I
According to Android police TMobile will require volte in January 2021 https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/23/t-mobile-will-soon-require-volte-on-all-phones-incomopatibl... this means that the Zenfone 6 won't work on tmobile anymore in just a few months, I know in the past the mods have said that volte on tmobile is not a priority but maybe it could be a priority now, or is Asus planning on having all TMobile users find a new phone?
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
44 REPLIES 44

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I

soonertoad

I expected to use this phone for a couple of years. Now I have to buy a new one before January. I can't decide who I am angrier at, T-Mobile or Asus.

View post
T-mobile is looking to the future. It is 2020. VoLTE is not new technology and should be on every released phone.
I have some VERY faint hope that Asus MIGHT do something to help with this. It will not be possible for them to release the Rog 3 in the US without VoLTE support unless they are purely evil. If they are forced to do that, perhaps they will be motivated to do so for a phone (the Zen6) that is still scheduled for regular updates for another year.
Some form of statement from the mods would be helpful.

sedl23
Rising Star II
soonertoad

I expected to use this phone for a couple of years. Now I have to buy a new one before January. I can't decide who I am angrier at, T-Mobile or Asus.

View post
Asus ...every other unlocked phone has volte working out the box

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
No responses yet but would be nice to hear. Will tag @Victor0_ASUS as he has been active in a few threads recently.

sedl23
Rising Star II
Everybody is real quiet on this important issue.....

joefu12
Star II
Are they gonna just ignore this?