Higher Battery consumption after upadte from .82 to .84

AsusYouzr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Max pro m1 4/64 gb
Firmware Version: .84
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: since last update
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): battery draining quickly.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
High consumption of battery noted ..after my last update from .82 to .84...... 82 version is the best optimization for battery.. after normal chrome web browsing ( only browsing..not playing video like YouTube etc) .. Battery reduces 10 percent on this new 84 version...but when i was on 82 version....the consumption was only 6 percent to maximum 7 percent. But headfone Sound quality is improved ...just fix battery consumption on next update... I am not a heavy user nor i use unnecessary apps on my phone.
9 REPLIES 9

AsusYouzr
Rising Star II
Anyone who wants good battery backup...plz stay on .82 version firmware.

pvkrishnanunni
Star III
AsusYouzr

Anyone who wants good battery backup...plz stay on .82 version firmware.

View post
082 also had battery drain

qromodynmc
Rising Star II
Yeah, since last 2 or 3 update, my screen on time has been reduced to 8 to 10 hour, it used to be around 12 hour back then. So, it's not really about 084 or 082, it been like this for a while.

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, when you say that your SOT (Screen on Time) has gone down, can you share the SOT after trying the below:
1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern
2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph
3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same.

Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:
1. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
2. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
3. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,
4. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager.