This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 Auto Restart 2 times and freezes

adityathorat99
Star III
I have been using this phone for past 5 months and everything was perfect but the recent 2 updates screwed the phone and now whenever i start any game, it just randomly restarts itself 2 times. Also it freezes while using any app, the screen just turns black for no reason. Some are saying that this is hardware issue but I'm sure its not, because from the recent updates these things are happening. Please give me any soln or any update that'll fix this issue.
32 REPLIES 32

adityathorat99
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/99153#Comment_99153

Lots of things can change overtime from when you get the phone to the updates.

For example, more applications are installed to the phone and running in the background.

High usage can accumulate heat and the phone is preventing itself from being damaged.

Each updates along with new features come at a cost of battery usage, more memory and disk space. As soon as you run out of these resource, you're phone will restart.

Most importantly, it was an advice given by the moderators, not me.

My oberservation (mine only) is that this is happen regularly on the 8GB RAM variant phones too.

View post
My other phone, Honor 20i has half of the spec list than the ROG2. And also its storage is approx 80% filled. With RAM 20%free that phone can play Pubg smoothly. And a gaming phone whose RAM is 50% free, which has a highend processor, with 50% storage free cant handle a single game. A gaming phone which can't handle games. Thats ironic..!! One more thing, my other phone has approx 190 Apps installed in it, then too it works fine..!!
@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

psgbharathi
Star III
Like zenfone6 .167 update triggered the motherboard issue. I can say something happened with our rog2.
It happened for most of the devices, heck I can't even use whatsapp or games while charging.
Phone getting restarted.
I know it's a hardware issue. But why asus is not saying anything or admitting their side problem like they did for zenfone6

ronald1985
Community Legend I
adityathorat99

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/99160#Comment_99160

My other phone, Honor 20i has half of the spec list than the ROG2. And also its storage is approx 80% filled. With RAM 20%free that phone can play Pubg smoothly. And a gaming phone whose RAM is 50% free, which has a highend processor, with 50% storage free cant handle a single game. A gaming phone which can't handle games. Thats ironic..!! One more thing, my other phone has approx 190 Apps installed in it, then too it works fine..!!

@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

View post
Absolutely right and you have answered your own question on why this is a hardware problem.
Therefore to combine your answer and previous post made by moderators/admin (search the forum) and you will see that you will need to go to service centre.

adityathorat99
Star III
Does anyone has the solution for this issue.. rather than going to service centre..??

sosharexd
Star I
Trust me red enchantment is soooo much more terrible than anything I've found out about asus. Take a gander at the Facebook page surveys. It may be anything but difficult to excuse a couple of appalling encounters however a great many dozenses. I had most likely the most noticeably terrible experience an individual could have. I've yet to see anything approach it. It's the explanation I went with the rog 2 over the red enchantment 5G. NO REGRETS at all