This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte will soon be required for TMobile

mosimchah
Rising Star I
According to Android police TMobile will require volte in January 2021 https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/23/t-mobile-will-soon-require-volte-on-all-phones-incomopatibl... this means that the Zenfone 6 won't work on tmobile anymore in just a few months, I know in the past the mods have said that volte on tmobile is not a priority but maybe it could be a priority now, or is Asus planning on having all TMobile users find a new phone?
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
44 REPLIES 44

sedl23
Rising Star II
Asus will have to enable it fire TMobile if they want people in America to keep using their phones. I wanted to buy the Zenfone 7 but if they can't enable volte them this is going to be a problem

I have the 6 now and was waiting for the 7. This is going to hurt Asus sales if they don't do something now. Have any mods spoke on this yet

ColorSage
Zen Master I
If I may add a bit off topic - VoLTE and VoWiFi are supported also by Polish providers. Could you add respective profiles?

waxx1ne
Star II
Jumped on here to see what kind of answers I could get in light of this recent development. I am currently using a Zenfone 6 on Simple mobile in USA (T-MOBILE MVNO) if VoLTE actually becomes as issue ASUS neglects to resolve, I may be turned away from ASUS products altogether.

joefu12
Star II
This needs to be addressed. If our phones will be useless by 2021 we need to know.

soonertoad
Star II
I expected to use this phone for a couple of years. Now I have to buy a new one before January. I can't decide who I am angrier at, T-Mobile or Asus.