This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 Auto Restart 2 times and freezes

adityathorat99
Star III
I have been using this phone for past 5 months and everything was perfect but the recent 2 updates screwed the phone and now whenever i start any game, it just randomly restarts itself 2 times. Also it freezes while using any app, the screen just turns black for no reason. Some are saying that this is hardware issue but I'm sure its not, because from the recent updates these things are happening. Please give me any soln or any update that'll fix this issue.
32 REPLIES 32

Same problem I'm facing right now every time I use my phone 30 minutes maybe it always freeze and restart the phone this is the first time when they last update the phone

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ronalddegala082594

Same problem I'm facing right now every time I use my phone 30 minutes maybe it always freeze and restart the phone this is the first time when they last update the phone

View post
If it's always happen or regularly, the advice is to take your phone to a service centre.

adityathorat99
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/99024#Comment_99024

If it's always happen or regularly, the advice is to take your phone to a service centre.

View post
Every time taking the phone to service centre is not an option. If we are using the device from 6 months and 1st 3 months there was no issue. And in between we get an update and this issue started. Can you please explain how this is a hardware issue. And I've tried factory reset. And speaking of response from asus team. From past 1 month I'm posting my problem like idiot. Every other guy is getting reply. Why cant we..!! If mass of people are facing this issue that means each one of them is having hardware issue.. this means the company's production was not good. Dude this is a software problem and they need to fix it. @Anders_ASUS

Aryan202
Community Legend I
adityathorat99

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/99042#Comment_99042

Every time taking the phone to service centre is not an option. If we are using the device from 6 months and 1st 3 months there was no issue. And in between we get an update and this issue started. Can you please explain how this is a hardware issue. And I've tried factory reset. And speaking of response from asus team. From past 1 month I'm posting my problem like idiot. Every other guy is getting reply. Why cant we..!! If mass of people are facing this issue that means each one of them is having hardware issue.. this means the company's production was not good. Dude this is a software problem and they need to fix it. @Anders_ASUS

View post
Sounds like a motherboard issue to me (not sure tho)
If it restarts often during usage the that's a red flag
If it's still under warranty it'll be replaced for free

ronald1985
Community Legend I
adityathorat99

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/99042#Comment_99042

View post
Lots of things can change overtime from when you get the phone to the updates.
For example, more applications are installed to the phone and running in the background.
High usage can accumulate heat and the phone is preventing itself from being damaged.
Each updates along with new features come at a cost of battery usage, more memory and disk space. As soon as you run out of these resource, you're phone will restart.
Most importantly, it was an advice given by the moderators, not me.
My oberservation (mine only) is that this is happen regularly on the 8GB RAM variant phones too.