sravan_ezio
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: 2007.27
Rooted or not: Non rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
I am facing an issue of battery drain after the latest update. On non gaming usage it takes around 4 hrs for the battery to reach from 80% to 20%. Android system is shown as the app that uses most of the battery. Please help with this issue. Device is also heating up slightly when browsing.
screenshot-20200725-150349129.jpg
screenshot-20200725-145311281.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

sravan_ezio
Star II
sravan.ezio

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: Non rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi,

I am facing an issue of battery drain after the latest update. On non gaming usage it takes around 4 hrs for the battery to reach from 80% to 20%. Android system is shown as the app that uses most of the battery. Please help with this issue.

screenshot-20200725-150349129.jpg

screenshot-20200725-145311281.jpg

Battery drain issue after the latest update 2007.27
This started only after the latest update. It was fine before. No I have te recharge my phone every couple of hour.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sravan.ezio

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32444/battery-drain-issue-after-the-latest-update-2007-27

This started only after the latest update. It was fine before. No I have te recharge my phone every couple of hour.

View post
Doesn't look like there's anything wrong? With 2 hours play of COD and you're on 90hz screen refresh rate, you still have 50+ percent battery.
How much battery you're expecting to use?
You should try using denying apps from starting on start up too.
The battery usage exceeds other phones for sure as number reason is you don't have the bloatware like other manufacturers.

sravan_ezio
Star II
No there is a change in the battery drain time. It's draining faster that how it was before the update. I use my phone always at 90hz but it never had this kind of battery issue. It lasted for quite sometime. But after the new update it's different. I can notice a constant depletion of battery percentage.
Also, attaching an ss from accubattery. It shows 68% health. Do you know why that is?
screenshot-20200725-210726101.jpg

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sravan.ezio

No there is a change in the battery drain time. It's draining faster that how it was before the update. I use my phone always at 90hz but it never had this kind of battery issue. It lasted for quite sometime. But after the new update it's different. I can notice a constant depletion of battery percentage.

Also, attaching an ss from accubattery. It shows 68% health. Do you know why that is?

screenshot-20200725-210726101.jpg

View post
The 68% only shows your capcitiy usage over time. It would never be a true reflection on the health of the battery. Infact, AccuBattery causes battery drains due it stopping the phone from sleeping. Therefore, you should never rely on these so called battery monitor. An advice on what can be bad for your phone is if you keep charging and playing at the same time. This is where your phone is discharging and charging.
I do note you have high usage on Google Play Services like me. I have been trying to get Google Play Services so it doesn't use alot of battery. For me, It came down from a recent update to Avast Anti Virus on the Anti Theft section where it was constantly using Locations.
So let say if you didn't update, how much battery usage would you expect if you had the same amount of usage like now?