This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZS620KL - is it safe to update my phone?

gracechangpy
Star I
I haven't updated my system since March 2019 because when I did it then, it got bricked twice. I had to send it to have it reset and rolled back because of issues with data and wifi connectivity.
Since then Ive been told not to update my phone which is a security concern for me. Am beginning to see severe performance deradation (lagging, frozen apps) and I wonder if a system update might be the solution.
I just want assurance that updating my phone wont kill it. Can't afford to have issues with my phone now that travel restrictions are in place and I need it for remote working.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
gracechangpy

I haven't updated my system since March 2019 because when I did it then, it got bricked twice. I had to send it to have it reset and rolled back because of issues with data and wifi connectivity.

Since then Ive been told not to update my phone which is a security concern for me. Am beginning to see severe performance deradation (lagging, frozen apps) and I wonder if a system update might be the solution.

I just want assurance that updating my phone wont kill it. Can't afford to have issues with my phone now that travel restrictions are in place and I need it for remote working.

Did official service centre told you that not to update or you will get bricked?
Coz any update has nothing to do with phone bricks this is clearly hardware problem may be motherboard damages so kindly take your device to official nearest service centre to find the root cause of problem and get your device examined
Every update till date is updated on my 5z without any problems so i can say software is not a problem to your device take it to service centre as early as possible before it gets totally dead

Also i suggest you kindly take backup of your imp data as early as possible until device is alive also before submiting your device to service centre
Thanks! 😊

View solution in original post

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
gracechangpy

Surely this was a motherboard issue because my friend's phone redmi note 5 has bricked whenever he tries to update ,first when he gave his phone in the service center they just rolled back the version and tell him to not to update and again he updated his phone and his phone bricked again so they changed his motherboard and everything works fine for him till now.
So again check your device at service center they will definitely help you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
gracechangpy

Did official service centre told you that not to update or you will get bricked?
Coz any update has nothing to do with phone bricks this is clearly hardware problem may be motherboard damages so kindly take your device to official nearest service centre to find the root cause of problem and get your device examined
Every update till date is updated on my 5z without any problems so i can say software is not a problem to your device take it to service centre as early as possible before it gets totally dead

Also i suggest you kindly take backup of your imp data as early as possible until device is alive also before submiting your device to service centre
Thanks! 😊

gracechangpy
Star I
Thanks for the advice! The official service centre said to check with the forums to see if the updates were stable.
Both times it was bricked, they said it was software updates causing the problems with connectivity, not the hardware. It was supposedly a known issue with this particular model.
I'll prob end up getting a new phone if this persists. Shame, cos this phone is still usable for the most part.

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
gracechangpy

Surely this was a motherboard issue because my friend's phone redmi note 5 has bricked whenever he tries to update ,first when he gave his phone in the service center they just rolled back the version and tell him to not to update and again he updated his phone and his phone bricked again so they changed his motherboard and everything works fine for him till now.
So again check your device at service center they will definitely help you.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi gracechangpy
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information
2. Due to further processes involving personal information(SN, IMEI, RMA no.), please check your inbox and reply to the PM.