This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken display without any physical damage

siyamkumar
Star II
While charging my phone (ROG PHONE 2)and playing a game, the screen suddenly had a glitch and completely went black with in minutes and crack started to appear on the inner display of the phone.
When i took it to the service center, all they claimed and forced me to pay for the replacement when there is warranty. Even though there is no physical damage on the phone, they are only forcing me to pay for the replacement and not considering into checking for the warranty. Please note THERE IS NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE and I'm attaching the proof also.
Being Gorilla Glass 6, the least expected was that it doesn't easily break even though it fell down. But my phone neither fell down or physically damaged and it happened. On top of that there is a tempered glass for protection.Even that has not sign of physical damage. How can this is considered as Customer Induced physical damage? which is I think is unfair ethics followed by service center. Any solution for this? I can bring the phone for on site inspection to prove that there is NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE
Today was the bad experience with the service center. First of all, there was no one at the counter to receive the customer and check the phone, I had to wait for an hour for them to visit and their way of handling is very unprofessional with a very much negative attitude and this has to be addressed seriously.
Buying a premium phone and suffering with this due to poor product quality. Totally fed up. This is happening to an ASUS ROG fan and an ASUS loyal customer. I already have 2 ASUS work laptops, and personally own ROG Laptop(GL552VW) and ROG Phone.

29 REPLIES 29

rjay
Star III
Call you bank and file a claim if your warranty claim was denied. Explain to them the product is under warranty and asus REFUSES to fix it.
Keep your phone just in case. The bank may require you return the phone in order to receive your claim. Keep all copies of your email, and make sure to take good pictures of your phone (to show that there is NO physical damage, and that asus is full of it).
Best of luck.

amaanmehdi
Star III
siyamkumar

@amaanmehdi Whats the status of your phone? Did you get it repaired or still denied?

View post
Still denied. They won't repair. I have talked to almost 10 or maybe more customer service people, and after I explain them my situation all they do is "forward my issue to a senior official" and the cycle starts again. The final guy i talked to told me to mail him images of the phone on the asus india procare email. After i did email them, 15 days have passed no response ever since.
Sincerely disappointed ASUS. Rog was my goto brand but no more.

Not applicable
amaanmehdi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98931#Comment_98931

Still denied. They won't repair. I have talked to almost 10 or maybe more customer service people, and after I explain them my situation all they do is "forward my issue to a senior official" and the cycle starts again. The final guy i talked to told me to mail him images of the phone on the asus india procare email. After i did email them, 15 days have passed no response ever since.

Sincerely disappointed ASUS. Rog was my goto brand but no more.

View post
Trust me, my friend paid them 15k after trying everything. Its so disappointing

rjay
Star III
Like I said.... this is why you are better off doing a claim with your bank.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
I remember reading a thread with similar case of broken display from inside. The cause of it was later found. It was swollen battery (Yeah Asus uses pretty cheap batteries) that broke the display.
Maybe ask service center guys to check from battery swelling perspective.