This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just going to say it - loss of headphone jack sucks

long_gregg
Star I
I'm just going to say it even though there is nothing I can do about it. The loss of the headphone jack is a tremendous disappointment to me. This phone was tailor made for it. It has a big screen and a huge battery which makes it a prefect media consumption device. I don't game at all and I love this phone. Even MKBHD gave it a very favorable rating last year for this reason alone. I would often sit at my desk with my comfortable headphones on watching YouTube and Netflix on slow days on the ROG2. No worrying about charging bluetooth earbuds and nothing jammed in my ear canal which invariably hurts after a while. And if you are actually a gamer I can't but imagine that a wired headphone and mic would be very much a preferred option. Really believe this was a big mistake. I can't see any reason to have done this with a phone that has plenty of room to keep the jack.
38 REPLIES 38

Not applicable
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98983#Comment_98983

We're investigating that 3rd party screen recorder before we want to say anything. It previously didn't work with internal audio. It was news to us that it now works but there is still a difference. Our recorder also records the microphone. I don't know if we ever said that it's a hardware limitation. If we did, then I'm sorry. From what I have understood, it's more of a system limitation. With that said, there might be a way around it but it's not a bug and the solution is not as straight forward as you might think.

View post
My bad, wanted to say system limitation. How is it a system limitation and whats going on? I want to ask if rog 2 will get similar software features as rog 3 or no?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98650#Comment_98650

Red magic 5g seem to have fit everything just fine (except side ctype ports)

View post
Terrible software support tho
Last I checked Red magic 3s was on November patch and only got 1 update in its lifetime
Rm3 didn't even get a10 yet afaik
Plus no development whatsoever
Plus after sales service of Asus is a lot better than Nubia globally (including India)

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98985#Comment_98985

My bad, wanted to say system limitation. How is it a system limitation and whats going on? I want to ask if rog 2 will get similar software features as rog 3 or no?

View post
I don't know how Android system works. I'm not a developer. It's just my interpretation of what our devs told us in this matter. But they were were clear on that it's not a bug. I tried they game you suggested for checking latency and they way it works, won't let you estimate latency. It basically just tells you the difference between the visual and audible difference in that particular game. Other games and apps reacts differently.
But the important thing is that we're still investigating. We do of course want our software to work as well as it possibly can.
Regarding future functionality, this is something I can't comment on before such information is official.

Not applicable
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98987#Comment_98987

I don't know how Android system works. I'm not a developer. It's just my interpretation of what our devs told us in this matter. But they were were clear on that it's not a bug. I tried they game you suggested for checking latency and they way it works, won't let you estimate latency. It basically just tells you the difference between the visual and audible difference in that particular game. Other games and apps reacts differently.

But the important thing is that we're still investigating. We do of course want our software to work as well as it possibly can.

Regarding future functionality, this is something I can't comment on before such information is official.

View post
Thanks for clearing this up. Hopefully they will update you and us about whats going on inside.

Red magic 5g seem to have fit everything just fine (except side ctype ports)