cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected response

winkienampapa
Star I
I have an Asus Max Pro M1.
Recently I have discovered the phone does not work properly .
My family kept asking me why I dropped my calls too early that they could not answer. Later, I realised that when phone of the called party was ringing, my phone returned with a "engaged" sound and I dropped the call.
I have done several experiments on the issues. Some conclusions drawn are as follows:
1. The problem happens constantly on some telephone numbers of called parties, no matter which SIM slot my SIM is using;
2. When my SIM is used in other handsets, it works perfectly.

5 REPLIES 5

AJ1
Rising Star II
winkienampapa

I have an Asus Max Pro M1.

Recently I have discovered the phone does not work properly .

My family kept asking me why I dropped my calls too early that they could not answer. Later, I realised that when phone of the called party was ringing, my phone returned with a "engaged" sound and I dropped the call.

I have done several experiments on the issues. Some conclusions drawn are as follows:

1. The problem happens constantly on some telephone numbers of called parties, no matter which SIM slot my SIM is using;

2. When my SIM is used in other handsets, it works perfectly.

Unexpected response
Did u checked with ur service provider on this... Also check for any system updates to fix this issue...

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi winkienampapa,
We have improved this behavior in the latest Android 9 update: WW- 16.2017.2007.084.
Please check update in Settings->System->System update.
Or manually update from our website: https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Pro-M1/HelpDesk_BIOS/
The firmware file will become available in a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.
How to update firmware on my phone? | Official Support | ASUS Global

winkienampapa
Star I
AJ1, I had checked it with the service provider.
The misbehaviour has disappeared recently.
The system is 16.2017.2007.084 dated 20200706.

vamsi
Star III
winkienampapa

AJ1, I had checked it with the service provider.

The misbehaviour has disappeared recently.

The system is 16.2017.2007.084 dated 20200706.

View post
It happens to airtel to airtel calling, it's their normal ringing tone. I was confused at the beginning too.