This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio doesn't work on whatsapp, messenger, duo when connected to bluetooth headset

Audio (both mic and speaker) doesn't work when connected to a bluetooth device in calling apps like whatsapp, messenger, viber and it doesn't work on other apps like PUBG team chat. This is a recent issue happening after Android 10 update. Is it only my device or does any other users have this bug as well?
9 REPLIES 9

ronald1985
Community Legend I
suveenkumar.vundavalli

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98234#Comment_98234

@ronald1985 After few whatsapp calls, it stopped working again. The developer options are still turned off. Same problem with oneplus wireless bullets v1 and oneplus wireless bullets z.

View post
Do you hear system sounds? For example, from the dialler, put in some numbers and you should hear the tone.
First (weak) Suggestion:
Go to Bluetooth settings - Connected devices - click on the cog - ensure Media audio is enabled;
Second Suggestion:
Reset bluetooh (but it will reset WIFI and Mobile too):
Go to Settings - System - Reset Options - Reset Wifi, mobile & Bluetooth

@ronald1985 other media works fine. It doesn't work only in calling apps like whatsapp, messenger, duo or hangouts.
I tried both the first and second suggestions, first is already enabled. After doing second step, it worked for a call and then started having this issue with calling apps again.
BTW calling on normal Phone app seems to work without any issue.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
suveenkumar.vundavalli

@ronald1985 other media works fine. It doesn't work only in calling apps like whatsapp, messenger, duo or hangouts.

I tried both the first and second suggestions, first is already enabled. After doing second step, it worked for a call and then started having this issue with calling apps again.

BTW calling on normal Phone app seems to work without any issue.

View post
I don't have other suggestions apart from waiting for a mod and get a device log from your phone.
Do you have the word Tencent on the back cover of the phone and I take it your software is WW version.
The only thing I would do is to perform a factory reset, but that's if you want to though. It's to rule out it has nothing to do with other apps you have (but this is unlikely).

Hi @ronald1985, my device is not a Tencent thingy, It's a real Asus ROG Phone 2. I also reported this issue from ZenTalk app with in settings. My Build number is QKQ1.190825.002.WW_Phone-17.0240.2007.27. So, I believe this is a WW version.
I cannot afford to do a factory reset as I have many apps from an other country which will take a lot of time to setup. However, I would like to submit my device log. Do let me know how to do it.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @suveenkumar.vundavalli,
Thanks for highlighting will have a check on this and get back.