This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.92 update released for 5z

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Anyone got the newly released .92 update on their Asus Zenfone 5z. If so can anyone please confirm whether anything including,
1) Wifi Calling
2) AR Core
3) Any screen touch issue fixes have been implemented?
If not, what is the plan mods?
If we just gotta buy a new device to have the very basic feature set then might as well tell us now. Thanks!
17 REPLIES 17

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32340/92-update-released-for-5z

I recently updated this new firmware and i can teel you that m able to see smoother touch response than before in pubg stutter are almost gone for me in matches

Also it is confirmed that everything is not yet fixed devs are still working on some issues so wait for future FOTA alot is incoming

Wifi calling:- it totally depends on operator to support this device

ARCORE:- 5z does not support ARCORE

Thanks!😊

View post
Sure thanks bro... no issues about the ARCore
About the Wi-fi calling sure the actual feature needs to be supported from the operator end to be actually connected and used. But the toggle in the dialer framework itself needs to be there. It is quite similar to VoLTE in this regard. Airtel in India still does not recognise Asus phones as VoLTE compliant but if you put the sim card in another recognised phone for 5 hours the VoLTE gets activated from their end and after that plugging it in an ASUS phone works with VoLTE because irrespective of the carrier, the VoLTE switch and integration in the dialer framework exists in ASUS phones. For VoWifi, the toggle itself is missing because the entire framework is not present in 5z.

If you try in zenfone 6, you can insert a non vowifi operator sim card and the VoWifi toggle will still be there. It just won't work with a non-supported operator. But it will still exist. In the system of 5z, the framework is missing. This is what I am talking about. The reason max pro m1 and m2 has vowifi although they cost 30% of 5z is because those phones use Google Dialer Framework and Google's vowifi came with it and Asus didn't have to do much. So my point was, if this is so difficult, give us Google's framework alright. We don't need extras. Just essentials.

A lot of brands are doing that. For Nord, Oneplus got rid of their own dialer and contacts apps even though they had everything. Google apps have gotten good and now it doesn't make sense or add value to have you own app for communications. Atleast for phone and dialer. Please mods just take a look.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
subhojit.dey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98679#Comment_98679

About the Wi-fi calling sure the actual feature needs to be supported from the operator end to be actually connected and used. But the toggle in the dialer framework itself needs to be there. It is quite similar to VoLTE in this regard. Airtel in India still does not recognise Asus phones as VoLTE compliant but if you put the sim card in another recognised phone for 5 hours the VoLTE gets activated from their end and after that plugging it in an ASUS phone works with VoLTE because irrespective of the carrier, the VoLTE switch and integration in the dialer framework exists in ASUS phones. For VoWifi, the toggle itself is missing because the entire framework is not present in 5z.

If you try in zenfone 6, you can insert a non vowifi operator sim card and the VoWifi toggle will still be there. It just won't work with a non-supported operator. But it will still exist. In the system of 5z, the framework is missing. This is what I am talking about. The reason max pro m1 and m2 has vowifi although they cost 30% of 5z is because those phones use Google Dialer Framework and Google's vowifi came with it and Asus didn't have to do much. So my point was, if this is so difficult, give us Google's framework alright. We don't need extras. Just essentials.

A lot of brands are doing that. For Nord, Oneplus got rid of their own dialer and contacts apps even though they had everything. Google apps have gotten good and now it doesn't make sense or add value to have you own app for communications. Atleast for phone and dialer. Please mods just take a look.

View post
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS Is this case for 5z? Which is real cause for not getting support for VOWIFI?? I dont have much idea about this your explanation on this would be helpful
Thanks to mods 😊

Abhinav
Zen Master I
subhojit.dey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98679#Comment_98679

View post
@Anders_ASUS please look into this matter. @CH_ASUS sir you're also welcome. Please Help Us.

mohitp983
Star III
When is prime hd support coming? Everytime I get the same reply that it will come in the next update. Whats the use of full hd screen when you cannot play movies in hd and you call this a flagship phone. @Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ @chaithanya.gchaithanya.g

agon1982
Star I
Try to download the new firmware, but the file has only 132MB, but the text says 1.7GB. Anybody have the same problem?