This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken display without any physical damage

siyamkumar
Star II
While charging my phone (ROG PHONE 2)and playing a game, the screen suddenly had a glitch and completely went black with in minutes and crack started to appear on the inner display of the phone.
When i took it to the service center, all they claimed and forced me to pay for the replacement when there is warranty. Even though there is no physical damage on the phone, they are only forcing me to pay for the replacement and not considering into checking for the warranty. Please note THERE IS NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE and I'm attaching the proof also.
Being Gorilla Glass 6, the least expected was that it doesn't easily break even though it fell down. But my phone neither fell down or physically damaged and it happened. On top of that there is a tempered glass for protection.Even that has not sign of physical damage. How can this is considered as Customer Induced physical damage? which is I think is unfair ethics followed by service center. Any solution for this? I can bring the phone for on site inspection to prove that there is NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE
Today was the bad experience with the service center. First of all, there was no one at the counter to receive the customer and check the phone, I had to wait for an hour for them to visit and their way of handling is very unprofessional with a very much negative attitude and this has to be addressed seriously.
Buying a premium phone and suffering with this due to poor product quality. Totally fed up. This is happening to an ASUS ROG fan and an ASUS loyal customer. I already have 2 ASUS work laptops, and personally own ROG Laptop(GL552VW) and ROG Phone.

29 REPLIES 29

Not applicable
siyamkumar

@ronald1985 I have been writing mails to ASUS support and other necessary stakeholders. I just made this post on public because I believe that every ROG users should know about this. I will be keep on writing until I get a solution for this.

View post
Trust me, they wont help until you pay the screen replacement. Its clearly stated that if the screen breaks no matter how it will not be covered in warranty. Its heart breaking but its the truth. I hope you get the help you need.

siyamkumar
Star II
@Akash Gupta Lets see about it. Worst case scenario, I will be taking them to twitter. Guess they need to honor a active twitter handle who has more than 10K followers.

Not applicable
siyamkumar

@Akash Gupta Lets see about it. Worst case scenario, I will be taking them to twitter. Guess they need to honor a active twitter handle who has more than 10K followers.

View post
Only if it affects their sale such as rog 3. If you manage to impact their new launch sales then surely you will be noticed.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
If it doesn't have any noticeable physical damage it'll be replaced under warranty
I know a guy who got a free replacement for a similar issue (internal break)

Not applicable
Averan

If it doesn't have any noticeable physical damage it'll be replaced under warranty

I know a guy who got a free replacement for a similar issue (internal break)

View post
Thats great. My friend paid 15k rs for replacement and now they are giving free replacements. I am surprised.