This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 3 - New *SOFTWARE* features suggested by us for ROG II!

Melqui
Zen Master I
Hi, ROG III released today not only with new hardware, but with various new SOFTWARE features too, like auto screen frequency according running app, air triggers gestures (swipe, and shake simulating a button too, with accelerometer)... ROG II will receive this new software updates?
Option to limit battery level on charges??? Slow charge option???? We suggest this features here in this forum some months ago! to ROG II! And Asus take the idea and put in ROG III !!!???? Please, we deserves this features!

Example:
Melqui
  1. Support for Google Phone App.
  2. Invert notification bar icons color and navigation bar (black to grey/white) dynamically in dark system mode (like is in white mode), for minimize screen burnin.
  3. Switch Asus AOD to native Android's Ambient Display.
  4. Add FM Radio app icon in launcher (actually only has a quick setting tile).
  5. Add a option in Armory Crate for charge only to 80% when gaming wired, to extend battery lifespan (because extended gameplay sessions with high temperature degrades battery when 100% charged!) Or simply add this option in battery configs, like some notebooks.
  6. Please enable VoLTE for TIM Brazil! All Galaxies and midrange Motorolas has this here, and super powerfull ROG II not!!!

Some good suggestions that will improve ROG II

sigurdoines

I've noticed that the Battery Care module in Mobile Manager works as a sort of "battery limiter". It will let the phone charge normally up to about 80%, then wait until the end time gets near before continuing to charge. My feature request is a general charge limiter not connected to any schedule. The user would then be able to tell the phone to never charge past XX% when the phone is plugged in, regardless of when. Similarly to the already existing feature (see screenshot), there could be a notification to disable it for the current charging session.

TESSEE4CJUTD.png

With a battery as big as the one in the 6, many users have no need to always charge to 100%, and increase the battery lifespan at the same time. This feature could also enable the phone to be used while plugged in for long browsing/gaming/video sessions, you could have the phone plugged in while the battery SoC staying at 75%, not using charging cycles and not keeping the battery pinned at 100% (which is also damaging for the battery)

I love my Zenfone 6, and I believe that this feature could make it even better, and allow the battery to stay great for as long as possible.

Feature request: Mobile Manager - Battery Care charge limiter

9 REPLIES 9

erbeanlozarito
Star II
@Titan_ASUS @Anders_ASUS please add the option to turn off fast charging. Like on the rog phone 3

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
I also don't like fast charging. Heats phone too much

Melqui
Zen Master I
Silence from Asus?

adrian_limindra
Star III
If we as the owner of the rog phone 2, is giving input to asus in a way to improve features, and this is the essential reason why this forum exist.
i am afraid no one will suggest anything in the future, people suggest on what they already spend, not to spend more.

Vamp
Zen Master I
Pro video capture please...