This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping of Refresh rate Rog 2

Sourabh
Rising Star I
Hi...my phone is set on 90hz refresh rate.. but when i enter into settings or any app... Refresh rate drops down , may be less than 60hz , coz it feels very laggy...but after i restart my phone , again everything is buttery smooth... This happened 3- 4 times now, after the latest update. Please help.
31 REPLIES 31

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello, the lag is not only in games but in all aroud phone usage. Browsing around the phone options, menus, back and forth, the phone lags a bit, its noticeable, vsynctester.com shows 60fps with the screen set to 90hz for example. Only thing solves the issue is a reboot, then the phone is again butter smooth. Its exactly the same problem that many people have been reporting in this thread and many others. Just would like to know if this issue has been acknowledged by Asus and if smth is beind done. Thanks

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yuran

Hello, the lag is not only in games but in all aroud phone usage. Browsing around the phone options, menus, back and forth, the phone lags a bit, its noticeable, vsynctester.com shows 60fps with the screen set to 90hz for example. Only thing solves the issue is a reboot, then the phone is again butter smooth. Its exactly the same problem that many people have been reporting in this thread and many others. Just would like to know if this issue has been acknowledged by Asus and if smth is beind done. Thanks

View post
Thanks @Yuran .
I take it you don't have any or only a few recent apps opened? You can find this by choosing the left (squared) button if you have the 3 buttons on the bottom of your screen. Having too many opened can cause such lag due to high usage of memory.
Looking at Gustav_ASUS last post on this, it seems like they are still collecting logs for this.

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello, no I do not have many or any apps opened, I always close them all using that feature (recent opened apps), and come on, this is a snapdragon 855 +, 12GB RAM, there is no way that would be an issue. This is indeed an issue with the software or the hardware for all i know...the phone looses fps, looses performance in less than 24 hours and only a reboot fixes it. No heat, no full ram, no full storage, no reason for this phone to do this. Other thing, why did the ROG Phone 2 been removed from the asus eshop and only rog phone 3 is there? this phone is not even 1 year old 🤔

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yuran

Hello, no I do not have many or any apps opened, I always close them all using that feature (recent opened apps), and come on, this is a snapdragon 855 +, 12GB RAM, there is no way that would be an issue. This is indeed an issue with the software or the hardware for all i know...the phone looses fps, looses performance in less than 24 hours and only a reboot fixes it. No heat, no full ram, no full storage, no reason for this phone to do this. Other thing, why did the ROG Phone 2 been removed from the asus eshop and only rog phone 3 is there? this phone is not even 1 year old 🤔

View post
Ah right, I guess I would leave it there if it doesn't work - I guess as soon as the device logs are collected by ASUS, I guess they will know what the issue is.
I can still see ROG 2 and even ROG 1 are still appearing on the ASUS website. The place where I got my phone don't do ROG 1 but they do ROG 2 still, so I guess it depends on the reseller.

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello all, and can we have some feedback from an Asus Representative regarding this subject? Have you acknowledge that in fact there might be an issue with FPS drops? Thank you