This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Camera refuses to flip open after .165 update

paras0710
Rising Star II
Camera refuses to rotate says something obstructing. I forcefully open it and it retract back like normally it does when forced it to open. Never had this problem before. If its rotating back to close position it definitely can open it as well. Tried it in whatsapp and asus camera app. Restart doesnt work.

Update: i flip it forcefully keep it in front position and open camera app in front mode take a selfie and press rotate camera icon to switch it to back camera it does it normally but when again i pressed rotate camera icon to switch it back to front camera it wont open shows same message.
screenshot-20200722-123551245.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

paras0710
Rising Star II
Also wondering why this problem came just 2 weeks after end of 1 year warranty period. And even in lockdown where i will take this.

paras0710
Rising Star II
IR LED not working detector detecting ir from my AC remote control and passed the proximity test.
How much it will cost to repair it? And is it even repairable ? i heard many bad reviews for Asus mobile service centre that they dont have parts and keep phones for months and even after that refuses because lack of parts.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Another progress IR led came out to be fine i used my laptop camera to check this (pic attached) and as with ir led of any remote controller proximity test passed i think it is software problem and need recalibration. Anybody from Asus please help calibrate it as service centres are closed in lockdown.
screenshot-20200722-224557936-1.jpg

paras0710
Rising Star II
I installed proximity action app from playstore whenever i bring my finger near to proximity sensor phone vibrates which means sensor itself is ok and working but in testing it always show near/close. This further strengthen my belief that it is software problem.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Check this . Time between waves value changes when i bring my finger close to proximity sensor.