This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android native call recorder not working, please help.

Bvpp
Star II
Found out recently that it was not functional. When I get to the call screen, the "record" button is visible, and on clicking it, it says "call recording".
But after the call when I tried to open the recording, the file itself was nowhere to be found. Before I used to get notified as well of the recorded call, now even that is not happening. Inspite of recording many calls, the call recorder folder is empty. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Bvpp

Found out recently that it was not functional. When I get to the call screen, the "record" button is visible, and on clicking it, it says "call recording".

But after the call when I tried to open the recording, the file itself was nowhere to be found. Before I used to get notified as well of the recorded call, now even that is not happening. Inspite of recording many calls, the call recorder folder is empty. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Android native call recorder not working, please help.
The call recorder uses Sound Recorder app.
Launch the sound recorder app and try to record to see if it saves the file to the storage. If it asks you for permissions to storage, ensure you accept. If permissions does appear, try recording a call again as it couldn't save to storage due to lack of permissions.

Bvpp
Star II
Hey Ronald, tried this out. So when I open the sound recorder to record anything, it works just fine. Saves to the storage too. But again, when I try the call recording, it does not record. There is no notification and no file saved, inspite of it showing as 'call recording' in the call menu. But thank you for your suggestion.
@Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS please help.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Bvpp

Hey Ronald, tried this out. So when I open the sound recorder to record anything, it works just fine. Saves to the storage too. But again, when I try the call recording, it does not record. There is no notification and no file saved, inspite of it showing as 'call recording' in the call menu. But thank you for your suggestion.

@Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS please help.

View post
I have another suggestion if you're willing to try:
Disable 'Developer Mode' if you have it on, then try again.
With 'Developer Mode' disabled, do clear storage and clear cache on Sound Recording. Then try once again.

Bvpp
Star II
Yep, just tried that too. Disabled developer mode (I mainly use it to remove the animations) and cleared both storage and cache of the sound recorder app. Still the same 😞