This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Camera refuses to flip open after .165 update

paras0710
Rising Star II
Camera refuses to rotate says something obstructing. I forcefully open it and it retract back like normally it does when forced it to open. Never had this problem before. If its rotating back to close position it definitely can open it as well. Tried it in whatsapp and asus camera app. Restart doesnt work.

Update: i flip it forcefully keep it in front position and open camera app in front mode take a selfie and press rotate camera icon to switch it to back camera it does it normally but when again i pressed rotate camera icon to switch it back to front camera it wont open shows same message.
screenshot-20200722-123551245.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

paras0710
Rising Star II
Update: Auto Panorama mode working fine taking picture while camera rotates from back to front.

Motion tracking also working fine no error.

Zenfone6_Boy
Star III
Is your screen turning off when you make calls (even with it's not beside your head) - if so, it is the proximity sensor.
Open Calculator, press ".12345+=" -> Single Test - Proximity Test -> Does it already show "Near"? If so, something phishy
samvelkoch

Is there possibility to exclude proximity sensor from the camera management? Camera can not be rotated to selfie mode because of proximity sensor error which occurs since .153 update.

*Cam module could be rotated by volume buttons

Proximity sensor .153

I personally have same issue.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Zenfone6_Boy

Is your screen turning off when you make calls (even with it's not beside your head) - if so, it is the proximity sensor.

Open Calculator, press ".12345+=" -> Single Test - Proximity Test -> Does it already show "Near"? If so, something phishy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29220/proximity-sensor-153

View post
Yes after .165 update in every calls screen remain off i was t. And yes it is showing Near. Coincidentally i dont know why but i tried .12345+= just before updating to .165 and do all the tests one by one and that time proximity sensor was working fine so i am thinking i has something to do with recent update.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Zenfone6_Boy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29220/proximity-sensor-153

View post
Yes it is proximity sensor but coincidentally i dont know why but days before update i ran .12345+= test and tested all one by one that time proximity was working fine so i an thinking it has something to do with recent update.