This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken display without any physical damage

siyamkumar
Star II
While charging my phone (ROG PHONE 2)and playing a game, the screen suddenly had a glitch and completely went black with in minutes and crack started to appear on the inner display of the phone.
When i took it to the service center, all they claimed and forced me to pay for the replacement when there is warranty. Even though there is no physical damage on the phone, they are only forcing me to pay for the replacement and not considering into checking for the warranty. Please note THERE IS NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE and I'm attaching the proof also.
Being Gorilla Glass 6, the least expected was that it doesn't easily break even though it fell down. But my phone neither fell down or physically damaged and it happened. On top of that there is a tempered glass for protection.Even that has not sign of physical damage. How can this is considered as Customer Induced physical damage? which is I think is unfair ethics followed by service center. Any solution for this? I can bring the phone for on site inspection to prove that there is NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE
Today was the bad experience with the service center. First of all, there was no one at the counter to receive the customer and check the phone, I had to wait for an hour for them to visit and their way of handling is very unprofessional with a very much negative attitude and this has to be addressed seriously.
Buying a premium phone and suffering with this due to poor product quality. Totally fed up. This is happening to an ASUS ROG fan and an ASUS loyal customer. I already have 2 ASUS work laptops, and personally own ROG Laptop(GL552VW) and ROG Phone.

29 REPLIES 29

ronald1985
Community Legend I
siyamkumar

But the problem is the phone was never dropped, still the phone display broke just like that. And service center still wants me to sweat price for the replacement, I dont think thats reasonable.

View post
I don't know if someone here from ASUS can help you, but a broken glass does not neccessarily have to come from a drop. Pressure too much on the screen can cause the inner display to be broken(not saying you have done that). Most common cases is sitting on your phone when you don't know.
It's probably worth saying what you were doing when you noticed it was broken to the repair centre/or if you want here too.

siyamkumar
Star II
The phone was just charging and was playing a game! Nothing else. While playing there was a glitch on the screen like a distorted images and all of a sudden went black. Within minutes, the crack started to appear.
The phone was used with utmost care and the phone is less than a year old. The scenarios you mentioned is not at all possible since it was on my hand and a game was running. I dont guess you can apply too much of pressure with your fingers unless you are a strongest man on earth.
My question is, why dont ASUS accept it as defective in their product? I have been reading exact scenarios happening to the ROG Phone 2 users alone. I suppose its not a co-incidence.

rjay
Star III
Hey man! Sorry to hear that, this is EXACTLY what I went through as well. Let me guess, the ASUS repair center was in Grapvevine, Texas right?
Yeah they (ASUS) don't honor their warranty worth a shit. What is clearly a manufacturing problem is suddenly turned into a CID (Customer Induced Damage) because they scratch your phone at the repair center and claim that scratch is the reason why your phone won't charge/turn on.
File a claim with your bank, IMMEDIATELY. Make sure to save all photos and email documentation, in addition to the amount they tried to charge you to fix the phone that is apparently not under warranty. Let your bank know that ASUS has a forum for this phone and EVERYONE has been complaining about this issue for the past 3 months.
You will win the claim, I promise. ASUS won't find against the claim, because they know they are wrong. Get your money back and go with a different company, there ARE much better phones! I used to have a Samsung Note 3, 5, 8, then went to the ROG II. I've never had this screen problem with any of my notes, yet I had not one, but TWO ROG phones go black screen within a month (the first ROG was the 12GB 512GB gloss version, the second ROG was the 12GB 1TB matte black version)
After I got my money back I still wanted a phone with a 120hz refresh rate. I decided to drop the money on the OnePlus 8 Pro, and I couldn't be any happier. 120hz PLUS a 4k display, versus the ROG's 120hz with 1080p.

rjay
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/98393#Comment_98393

I don't know if someone here from ASUS can help you, but a broken glass does not neccessarily have to come from a drop. Pressure too much on the screen can cause the inner display to be broken(not saying you have done that). Most common cases is sitting on your phone when you don't know.

It's probably worth saying what you were doing when you noticed it was broken to the repair centre/or if you want here too.

View post
"Pressure too much on the screen can cause the inner display to be broker" lmao, sounds like excuses. If a phone screen cracks because of slightly more pressure, then it is a CHEAP screen. I've dropped Samsung phones on accident face down and half the time nothing ever happened. This phone would probably crack into a million pieces lmao

siyamkumar
Star II
@rjay Exactly, thats the problem with this phone and nobody believes it. Even service center guys trying to rip off.