This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Asus devs cannot solve the theming bugs - Themes are not applied across the settings

monilhathi
Star III
Asus really needs to wake up to these small issues since A9 or earlier. After applying themes, some toggle buttons especially in the battery section and the entire Powermaster settings does not take the theme colors. Am not sure what's the big deal in solving these issues. I have been experiencing the same since A9. I have heard that such issues are also present on the Zenefone series.
On another note, accent color is a default option in A10, but ROG 2 users are yet to get this feature. Now with ROG 3 launch it will soon be forgotten. Sad state of affairs here. 😞
photo-2020-07-21-10-40-39.jpg
photo-2020-07-21-22-49-30-282-29.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

ronald1985
Community Legend I
monilhathi

Asus really needs to wake up to these small issues since A9 or earlier. After applying themes, some toggle buttons especially in the battery section and the entire Powermaster settings does not take the theme colors. Am not sure what's the big deal in solving these issues. I have been experiencing the same since A9. I have heard that such issues are also present on the Zenefone series.

On another note, accent color is a default option in A10, but ROG 2 users are yet to get this feature. Now with ROG 3 launch it will soon be forgotten. Sad state of affairs here. 😞

photo-2020-07-21-10-40-39.jpg

photo-2020-07-21-22-49-30-282-29.jpg

Why Asus devs cannot solve the theming bugs - Themes are not applied across the settings
I get this issue too - I'm using Classic Theme and not the ROG UI.

monilhathi
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32255/why-asus-devs-cannot-solve-the-theming-bugs-themes-are-...

I get this issue too - I'm using Classic Theme and not the ROG UI.

View post
No matter what theme we use, some buttons, especially in the battery section do not switch to the theme colors. This kills the user experience. I am not a dev, but am pretty sure this is not a big deal for ASUS to resolve it once and for all.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Unfortunately it not easy to fix.
If we change the code, then all themes will stop working. Some themes change all element and others only change some elements. There can also be a bug in a theme that prevents other themes from changing a specific element.
This can only be fixed with a major update as we need to change a lot of code to fix it.
One solution that might work is to change between a lot of themes and hope that it will get unstuck.

monilhathi
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Unfortunately it not easy to fix.

If we change the code, then all themes will stop working. Some themes change all element and others only change some elements. There can also be a bug in a theme that prevents other themes from changing a specific element.

This can only be fixed with a major update as we need to change a lot of code to fix it.

One solution that might work is to change between a lot of themes and hope that it will get unstuck.

View post
It is something else for sure as I have tried over 10 different free themes and the 'Detect Battery Draining Apps" toggle button and all of PowerMaster remain in the default ROG UI color. And for some reason it is only in the battery section, so maybe you just need to look in to that code specifically. I am afraid to buy any paid themes only for this reason.