This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA SERVICE IS A SCAM - PLEASE READ!!!

rjay
Star III
MY ROG 2 PHONE DISPLAY RANDOMLY DIED, I SENT THIS IN TO RMA AND THEY ARE SAYING 5 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING IT THAT IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY AND IS A CUSTOMER INDUCED DAMAGE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? YOU ARE ASKING ME TO PAY TO FIX YOUR HARDWARE DEFECT WHEN IT IS UNDER WARRANTY?? YOU GUYS ARE A FKIN JOKE, I DISPUTED THIS IMMEDIATELY WITH MY BANK AND THEY RETURNED MY MONEY. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF A WORKING PHONE FOR WEEKS NOW, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL PHONE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN SUPPORT A CHEAT COMPANY LIKE THIS. I NOW HAVE TO DECIDE IF I WANT TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE OR GO WITH SAMSUNG LIKE I'VE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST DECADE.
FOR ANYONE THAT ENCOUNTERS A DEFECT WITH THEIR PHONE, DON'T SEND IT TO RMA. THEY ARE LIARS, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MUCH BETTER OFF DISPUTING IT WITH YOUR BANK. I GOT MY MONEY BACK ALMOST INSTANTLY, AND I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT LOSING THE CLAIM BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE PROOF I NEED THAT NOT ONLY SHOWS THIS WAS A HARDWARE DEFECT, BUT THAT ASUS SERVICE CENTERS ARE A BUNCH OF FKIN SCAM ARTISTS.
I WILL ALSO CHANGE MY REVIEW FROM 5 STARS TO 1 STARS AND I WILL POST A NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO TO MY MILLIONS OF FOLLOWERS SHOWING HOW TERRIBLE THE RMA PROCESS IS AND WHY GOING THROUGH THE BANK IS MUCH EASIER.
ASUS, DON'T BOTHER SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. YOU GUYS FAILED TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE APPROPRIATELY, SO I SOLVED IT MYSELF.
18 REPLIES 18

anthony_j_comi
Star III
I did get in contact directly with the service centre after asking many Asus tech support people and they said they would replace the box and include a free charger for the inconveniences caused but that was 4 months ago so not really hopeful on that one, I currently have gustav looking into the update problem though (been really helpful) on here and have sent a bug report, but coming from iOS all my life to this being my first Android it's kind of left a bit of a sour taste. I love this phone though and hope noone else has to go through some of these bad dealings with RMA

rjay
Star III
bobbycreger

Uh oh...My Asus phone won't turn on anymore. The logo just flickers on and then the phone shuts off. I spoke to their customer service (which is apparently based in the Caribbean??) and they sent me the paperwork for me to send my phone to Grapevine, Texas...but I was feeling a bit nervous about sending it, so I decided to research this Texas location first. That's how I came across your feed here. Now I'm even more worried about sending it than before! I have had no damage to my phone, no scratches, no cracks etc. Are you based in the US?

View post
I'm so sorry to hear that man. I'm really pissed right now for you.
I saw that the ROG III was announced, and immediately after I laughed and purchased a OnePlus 8 Pro (which by far is a much better phone than the ROG). I have had no problems since.
Call your bank and file a claim, there is no point in sending this in for repair, I promise. They will break your phone and then blame you for it. You will literally waste two months for nothing, the reason they drag so long is because the longer you wait to file a claim, the harder it is to get your money back.
ASUS simply fails to acknowledge that a large portion of their devices came with faulty hardware, which is why they are trying to cut losses by incorrectly charging people for manufacturer errors.
No one needs to provide an RMA service in order for an ASUS facility to be investigated on fraud claims. Multiple CUSTOMERS reported defraud claims against the Grapevine, Texas facility, and one literally just posted the exact same thing that happened to me a few days ago.
Do your ***** job ASUS and fix the corruption in your facilities. You are losing customers everyday because of this BS.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
rjay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97342#Comment_97342

I'm so sorry to hear that man. I'm really pissed right now for you.

I saw that the ROG III was announced, and immediately after I laughed and purchased a OnePlus 8 Pro (which by far is a much better phone than the ROG). I have had no problems since.

Call your bank and file a claim, there is no point in sending this in for repair, I promise. They will break your phone and then blame you for it. You will literally waste two months for nothing, the reason they drag so long is because the longer you wait to file a claim, the harder it is to get your money back.

ASUS simply fails to acknowledge that a large portion of their devices came with faulty hardware, which is why they are trying to cut losses by incorrectly charging people for manufacturer errors.

No one needs to provide an RMA service in order for an ASUS facility to be investigated on fraud claims. Multiple CUSTOMERS reported defraud claims against the Grapevine, Texas facility, and one literally just posted the exact same thing that happened to me a few days ago.

Do your ***** job ASUS and fix the corruption in your facilities. You are losing customers everyday because of this BS.

View post
You're welcome to voice your opinion, but I shouldn't have to censor you. Please abide by the forum rules.

rjay
Star III
It's not opinion, its facts. Your phone and your service SUCK!!!
Censor me all day I really don't care lol, people still get the message, and I'm going to continue to encourage people NOT to waste money on a phone that's backed by a cheating company.