This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update failed (Your system is reverted to its original configuration)

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
The latest FOTA Version 2007.27 is not getting downloaded. System update is indeed detecting the .27 Firmware FOTA but after hitting the "Update" button, its showing "System update failed" popup with a message showing "Your system is reverted to its original configuration".

Screenshot is attached :

P.S. : After facing the problem, I cleared the cache and the data of the "FOTAService" system app and restarted the device. But after restarting, the issue is still happening.

Kindly look into the matter dear ROG team.

screenshot-20200717-025519082.jpg

38 REPLIES 38

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
Suchi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97964#Comment_97964

Thanks for the update. Is there anything worth updating in this patch?

View post
didn't face anything like exceptional so far.. as you have already seen the patch note, it contains July Security patch, thats the only thing I feel as important one. Although, the 2nd point had mentioned that it would fix FOTA related bug, don't know whether thats the thing missing in the previous firmware 2004.9 for which the system update failure issue was happening during the 2007.27 FOTA update we received.
I am looking for new bugs like excessive heating or battery drain like issues as some other users has reported after updating to the .27 firmware. Need to check for few more days.
Will definitely let you know tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. SOT and battery draining and of course excessive heating, these are my main concern as of now.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
I've heard of quite a few people having issues with this FOTA. The weird thing is this is the ONLY update that I've received a notification for. Usually I have to go in and run a manual check before it pops up that a update is available. Of course I clicked install when I received this notification. Update installed without any issues. It's odd that so many others are having issues when this is the first update that I received a notification about

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
kyleashcraft86

I've heard of quite a few people having issues with this FOTA. The weird thing is this is the ONLY update that I've received a notification for. Usually I have to go in and run a manual check before it pops up that a update is available. Of course I clicked install when I received this notification. Update installed without any issues. It's odd that so many others are having issues when this is the first update that I received a notification about

View post
all those people you are talking about (including me), they also received the FOTA notification. Its just the update which is not getting downloaded and update is getting failed.
Here we are not talking about getting FOTA notification, but the update itself not getting downloaded (and installed).
I don't know what do you know about manual update, but what you did by just manually tap the "check for updates" button which popped up the FOTA notification (which you installed), thats definitely NOT the way a "manual update process" works.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
If you are unable to update to WW-17.0240.2007.27 using FOTAService, please download the manual update file from our support site and install the new firmware that way.

ROG Phone II Driver & Tools | Phone | ASUS Global
If you are unable to update your phone using the UL file as well, please send me a PM with your device SN and the two IMEI numbers. (Settings -> System -> About phone -> Status)

I'm closing this thread for now so my reply does not get buried.