This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA SERVICE IS A SCAM - PLEASE READ!!!

rjay
Star III
MY ROG 2 PHONE DISPLAY RANDOMLY DIED, I SENT THIS IN TO RMA AND THEY ARE SAYING 5 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING IT THAT IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY AND IS A CUSTOMER INDUCED DAMAGE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? YOU ARE ASKING ME TO PAY TO FIX YOUR HARDWARE DEFECT WHEN IT IS UNDER WARRANTY?? YOU GUYS ARE A FKIN JOKE, I DISPUTED THIS IMMEDIATELY WITH MY BANK AND THEY RETURNED MY MONEY. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF A WORKING PHONE FOR WEEKS NOW, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL PHONE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN SUPPORT A CHEAT COMPANY LIKE THIS. I NOW HAVE TO DECIDE IF I WANT TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE OR GO WITH SAMSUNG LIKE I'VE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST DECADE.
FOR ANYONE THAT ENCOUNTERS A DEFECT WITH THEIR PHONE, DON'T SEND IT TO RMA. THEY ARE LIARS, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MUCH BETTER OFF DISPUTING IT WITH YOUR BANK. I GOT MY MONEY BACK ALMOST INSTANTLY, AND I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT LOSING THE CLAIM BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE PROOF I NEED THAT NOT ONLY SHOWS THIS WAS A HARDWARE DEFECT, BUT THAT ASUS SERVICE CENTERS ARE A BUNCH OF FKIN SCAM ARTISTS.
I WILL ALSO CHANGE MY REVIEW FROM 5 STARS TO 1 STARS AND I WILL POST A NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO TO MY MILLIONS OF FOLLOWERS SHOWING HOW TERRIBLE THE RMA PROCESS IS AND WHY GOING THROUGH THE BANK IS MUCH EASIER.
ASUS, DON'T BOTHER SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. YOU GUYS FAILED TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE APPROPRIATELY, SO I SOLVED IT MYSELF.
18 REPLIES 18

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
If your claim is legitimate and you were defrauded by the repair center, I want to know about it. Your particular situation appears to be resolved because you received your money back, but I'd like to know if our repair center is making false claims. If you choose not to provide the RMA number, that is your decision.

bobbycreger
Star I
Uh oh...My Asus phone won't turn on anymore. The logo just flickers on and then the phone shuts off. I spoke to their customer service (which is apparently based in the Caribbean??) and they sent me the paperwork for me to send my phone to Grapevine, Texas...but I was feeling a bit nervous about sending it, so I decided to research this Texas location first. That's how I came across your feed here. Now I'm even more worried about sending it than before! I have had no damage to my phone, no scratches, no cracks etc. Are you based in the US?

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

If your claim is legitimate and you were defrauded by the repair center, I want to know about it. Your particular situation appears to be resolved because you received your money back, but I'd like to know if our repair center is making false claims. If you choose not to provide the RMA number, that is your decision.

View post
Red magic screwed me in a similar way by claiming my screen was severely water damaged. I've never water damaged a phone in my life. I was forced to buy a new screen for $122 USD. This is the reason I went with asus rog phone 2. No one at red magic cared or even attempted to listen to me or investigate the service center where I sent my phone. I LOVE seeing your willingness to look into matters of this nature. It's great to have the reassurance that the people at asus care enough about their customers to investigate discrepancies involving repairs and damage within their service centers. I knew I made the right choice choosing asus over red magic 👍😊

anthony_j_comi
Star III
Just thought I'd share my experience with the serve centre in Silverwater in Sydney, tried to put the cooling fan attachment in and immediately the screen went black and upon inspection the screen had a crack like a spider web from the side usb ports right outward on the screen but it was underneath the screen not on top so I sent it in for repair and they said it was user fault (don't know how when it's easy enough to put in but fair enough) paid $300 for my new screen and it took a while month to get it back after calls and everything asking where my phone was in progress noone even knew about the phone or where it was but finally got it back with a dead flat battery and fingerprints everywhere on it and since then I have not been able to get FOTA updates or manual updating doesn't work either I can only update my phone from raw files, not only that but the box had been ripped apart like a kid on Christmas day. Pretty shabby really

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
anthony_j_comi

Just thought I'd share my experience with the serve centre in Silverwater in Sydney, tried to put the cooling fan attachment in and immediately the screen went black and upon inspection the screen had a crack like a spider web from the side usb ports right outward on the screen but it was underneath the screen not on top so I sent it in for repair and they said it was user fault (don't know how when it's easy enough to put in but fair enough) paid $300 for my new screen and it took a while month to get it back after calls and everything asking where my phone was in progress noone even knew about the phone or where it was but finally got it back with a dead flat battery and fingerprints everywhere on it and since then I have not been able to get FOTA updates or manual updating doesn't work either I can only update my phone from raw files, not only that but the box had been ripped apart like a kid on Christmas day. Pretty shabby really

View post
YIKES! Sounds like there is definitely some bad management, employees, policies (or all of the above) in place at the service centers. How else could a total disregard for the customers property continue to be a common problem? Asus is one of the biggest names in the electronic world. I trust they would be able to repair the products they develop and manufacture without causing further damage. I plan on holding on to my rog 2 for another couple years and was thinking about having the battery replaced at some point. These reports of negligence are making me think that might not be a good idea. Unfortunately a service center is probably the only place that would carry oem parts. I'm not even aware of any local or semi-local shops that would be willing. I can only hope @Gustav_ASUS or @Anders_ASUS can provide some reassurances this is being investigated. I know (unfortunately) service centers aren't above damaging a customers device and passing the blame, buck, and overall cost of their negligence back on the customer