cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook UX camera stop working

Ioana
Star I
Hi,
I have a Laptop ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FTC-A8263R bought this month, with Win10 Pro. Camera worked fine for several days, but today it is not working in Skype, Zoom, Camera apps - but works ok on facial recognition login!
In device manager, I see 2 cameras, with the same name (!), but one with manufacturer Microsoft, and the other Realteck. I tried disabling them, new drivers, restart, etc - no success.
Please advice.
Thanks,
Ioana
PS: also, google shows that there were previous questions on the same topic, but which were deleted. Please leave the questions, it saves time.
39 REPLIES 39

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @pavan5300@live.in ,
so you mean your regular camera is working fine, but Windows hello is not?
was there any update or modification before this?
Also, what is the error message in Settings> Account> Sign-in options>Windows Hello Face ?
Please go to the C drive, there is a "eSupport" file, there are all the initial drivers of your device,
you may install the camera driver again.
Thank you.

ZT-9c2fe43f
Star I
Hello @Blake_ASUS please let me know if i can reinstall all the driver from this option?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @pavan5300@live.in ,
What do you mean by reinstall all the driver? like reset the device?
Well... you may try to set the device if you want.

Meme
Star I
I just got a new Asus zenbook 14 for college but when I tried to use the front facing camera in a zoom meeting it said that it was not available. I then went to the camera in the settings to see if it worked there and it dident. the permission in the privacy settings in on for everything and when i checked the drivers it said there was two cameras. Face recognition works.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @Meme ,
May you specify your model? UX433FN? UX425JA?
If you enter built-in camera app, does the camera work?
Thank you.