This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping of Refresh rate Rog 2

Sourabh
Rising Star I
Hi...my phone is set on 90hz refresh rate.. but when i enter into settings or any app... Refresh rate drops down , may be less than 60hz , coz it feels very laggy...but after i restart my phone , again everything is buttery smooth... This happened 3- 4 times now, after the latest update. Please help.
31 REPLIES 31

Ritik_Thete
Star I
Yes, I am also a ROG 2 user since 6-8 months and I didn't face this issue untill I updated to Android 10... After the update as time passes the refresh rate starts falling down... Like for 24 hours it runs on 120Hz but after the refresh rate starts falling down until I restart the phone... After the restart it again runs smooth for 24 hours and later on still faces issues... Also some of my friends are ROG 2 users and they are also facing same issues after they updated to Android 10..
@Gustav_ASUS @and06tw
@Anders_ASUS

Ritik_Thete
Star I
Ritik Thete

Yes, I am also a ROG 2 user since 6-8 months and I didn't face this issue untill I updated to Android 10... After the update as time passes the refresh rate starts falling down... Like for 24 hours it runs on 120Hz but after the refresh rate starts falling down until I restart the phone... After the restart it again runs smooth for 24 hours and later on still faces issues... Also some of my friends are ROG 2 users and they are also facing same issues after they updated to Android 10..

@Gustav_ASUS @and06tw

@Anders_ASUS

View post
FYI: I am on 5th July 2020 Android Security Patch level... Which I think must be the latest one

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello all! Do you guys have any updates on this issue?

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello! Please do you how or if this issue has a fix or been fixed? I running on the last update and this lag, fps drop is noticeable. Please any news? Thank you

ronald1985
Community Legend I
While you're waiting for a fix or a response, may I suggest you turn off bluetooth and swich off mobile/WIFI (leave on what you use) and see if that helps with frame drops?
Frame drops happen because of latency and if you have less latency, that should ease the affects of frame drops. This happens on high quality graphic games.