This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenUI improvements on ZF6

alexander_tatev
Star II
Hi. I switched from pure Android phone (Essential PH-1). ZenUI though being quite close to pure stock UI, however has some not so pleasant nuances. I'll name some of them:
1. Bluetooth icon is always shown in status bar, even if no active connection exist. On stock Android the icon appears only when connected. There's no point of showing this icon all the time. It should follow same logic as with Wifi icon.
2. When mobile data is disabled, while wifi os connected, the mobile signal strength icon doesn't change. On stock Android the icon adds a small cross, which indicates disabled mobile data. This is handy, because you can clearly see if your mobile data is on or off regardless of wifi state, because sometimes you don't want the phone to fall back to mobile data when wifi gets disconnected.
3. When using assistant hardware key to cycle thru Mute-Vibrate-Sound, it plays annoying abrupt audio alert on Sound. Can this be disabled?
4. Some UI elements and dialogues are not in compliance with Material Design guidelines.

I think, you must at least work out the first 3 points.
12 REPLIES 12

prashanth
Rising Star II
The most important thing we need is the customisable smart key

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I don't think it'll ever become reality on stock. Devs still find Smart key to be functional enough and they can't see reasons to add more things like custom app open.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Maybe they keep this improvement for the next model, which would be the classic behavior of the manufacturer, how to force customers to update the HW.