This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade firmware from 165 to 153

Whatever
Rising Star I
As the title said, can I downgrade zenfone 6 firmware from 165 to 153? Do I have to do something before or I just can download the 153 firmware from asus web and place it internal memory to do the downgrade? I want to downgrade because on 165 battery life is sucks
7 REPLIES 7

_jis_
Zen Master III
Interestingly, those who complain about reducing battery life are unable to quantify it.
Another thread about update to 144 where one user complain about higher battery consumption and blame the update for that. Read it till the end:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/70310/#Comment_70310

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Whatever

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97605#Comment_97605

So I have to downgrade it to Pie first? Man it's quiet troublesome. Yeah I'm checking other people respond too about the 165, but seems like others not complained about the battery. I'm confused because I don't installed new app. Yes I update my already exist app, but doubt that cause the issue, so I'm suspecting the new firmware

View post
Why do you doubt that it could be caused by an update to an existing app? This happens all the time. Even popular apps like facebook have proved to cause battery drain with updates. Something they quickly fix one week later but any app can keep the phone from entering deep sleep when not in use.
I normally recommend people who complain about battery drain to go through the following steps
First of all, restart your device. It solves more issues than you would think.
Second, go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.
After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.
Restart your phone. 
After this, please monitor your battery life over a couple of days and see if you can replicate the behavior. If the battery still hasn't improved then please put your phone in flight mode (mobile data, wifi & BT off) when you go to bed. If you have lost 8% or more after 8h sleep, then there might be a bug in the system that we have to investigate.

Whatever
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97612#Comment_97612

Why do you doubt that it could be caused by an update to an existing app? This happens all the time. Even popular apps like facebook have proved to cause battery drain with updates. Something they quickly fix one week later but any app can keep the phone from entering deep sleep when not in use.

I normally recommend people who complain about battery drain to go through the following steps

First of all, restart your device. It solves more issues than you would think.

Second, go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.

After this go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.

Restart your phone. 

After this, please monitor your battery life over a couple of days and see if you can replicate the behavior. If the battery still hasn't improved then please put your phone in flight mode (mobile data, wifi & BT off) when you go to bed. If you have lost 8% or more after 8h sleep, then there might be a bug in the system that we have to investigate.

View post
Ok, I'll try your advice. I always to put my phone on airplane mode when I sleep. Normally it only consume 1-2% battery life when I check my phone after I wake up. But after this update it consume 4-5% battery life, not as dangerous as 8% as you mention but still a lot to me. But I'll try your advice first and see if it will fix it.

PS:
Oh yes I forgot to mention why I think my phone battery drain got worse. Usually with daily use I can get SOT 8 hours, but now it only becomes 6.5 hours with the same use of app