System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Anyone getting choppy animations on WIndows 10 (minimizing restoring etc..) when on 4k res on main monitor? It was pretty bad, after updating bios it got better but still not smooth as it should be, especially if theres a video playing.
19 REPLIES 19

samuelaviv
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello samuelaviv,

What if you set all program to work under the integrated GPU?

Thank you.

View post
You mean in the 3D setting in Nvidia control panel? If so I did that, made the default to the rtx2060 and also changed manually in the programs tab those that could be changed to the rtx2060. Still get the same stutter in windows.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello samuelaviv,
No, I mean the opposite.
Set it to the Intel one.
May you please try?
Thank you.

samuelaviv
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello samuelaviv,

No, I mean the opposite.

Set it to the Intel one.

May you please try?

Thank you.

View post
Yeah that was the default though, I switched in the first place because it was bad but ill give it a try again.

samuelaviv
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello samuelaviv,

No, I mean the opposite.

Set it to the Intel one.

May you please try?

Thank you.

View post
I did a windows reset today, Its all fresh and on default settings, which are to use intel and its the the same jittery stuttery mess.
Its pretty crazy that a $2500 laptop thats supposed to be the laptop of my dreams from a company like ASUS cant give me the basic performance of smooth animations in windows. My 10 year old 1080p dell screen is displaying windows animations buttery smooth and a 4k brand new premium ASUS laptop monitor cant even get close to that. Not to mention the janky wobly mouse trackpad.
Ive taken a loan to buy this laptop, ive imported it special from the USA, all that effort and money just to be constantly bummed out every time I scroll a window. IF this doesnt get solved via firmware update or something like that I will 1 star this on amazon, ill never buy an ASUS product again and ill tell anyone who would listen to stay away. Not that ASUS will care, but I will.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello samuelaviv,
May I have the BIOS and display driver version you are using now?
Thank you.