This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with my potentially bricked Zenfone 6

derlowexil836
Star I
My family member sent me a Zenfone 6 as gift, she told me the phone has been tested for a couple days before shipping to me (since I live in another country, better to test before shipping out), and I got the phone, using OTA to upgrade Android 10, of course I make sure that my phone was fully charged before that, but the phone enters boot loop since then.
I am able to use recovery mode, tried to use official Asus Android 10 to Android 9 downgrade firmware, still no luck, maybe 1 out of 20 times it can boot normally (but it won't last long, could be just a few mins and reboot by itself again). Anyone has any advice? (I called Asus in my country, they told me due to difference in radio regulations, they won't do anything with my foreign imported phone)
2 REPLIES 2

aryankanse6
Star I
My family member sent me a Zenfone 6 as gift, she told me the phone has been tested for a couple days before shipping to me (since I live in another country, better to test before shipping out), and I got the phone, using OTA to upgrade Android 10, of course I make sure that my phone was fully charged before that, but the phone enters boot loop since then.
I am able to use recovery mode, tried to use official Asus Android 10 to Android 9 downgrade firmware, still no luck, maybe 1 out of 20 times it can boot normally (but it won't last long, could be just a few mins and reboot by itself again). Anyone has any advice? (I called Asus in my country, they told me due to difference in radio regulations, they won't do anything with my foreign imported phone)

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
derlowexil836

Need help with my potentially bricked Zenfone 6
aryankanse6

View post
I don't know why you have posted this with two accounts. It's really unfortunate that this happened to you and especially considering the circumstances but there's no way around it. You have to send it back to your family so they can send it for repair.