This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenUI improvements on ZF6

alexander_tatev
Star II
Hi. I switched from pure Android phone (Essential PH-1). ZenUI though being quite close to pure stock UI, however has some not so pleasant nuances. I'll name some of them:
1. Bluetooth icon is always shown in status bar, even if no active connection exist. On stock Android the icon appears only when connected. There's no point of showing this icon all the time. It should follow same logic as with Wifi icon.
2. When mobile data is disabled, while wifi os connected, the mobile signal strength icon doesn't change. On stock Android the icon adds a small cross, which indicates disabled mobile data. This is handy, because you can clearly see if your mobile data is on or off regardless of wifi state, because sometimes you don't want the phone to fall back to mobile data when wifi gets disconnected.
3. When using assistant hardware key to cycle thru Mute-Vibrate-Sound, it plays annoying abrupt audio alert on Sound. Can this be disabled?
4. Some UI elements and dialogues are not in compliance with Material Design guidelines.

I think, you must at least work out the first 3 points.
12 REPLIES 12

_jis_
Zen Master III
Ok, another improvement I suggest you implement in future updates: please, turn green LED a bit earlier, say at 90%, not 100%. I used to have it like that on Essential PH-1 and it was super convenient. As you know, charging to 100% is not recommended for li-ion, I know lot of people, including me, who remove charger somewhere between 90 and 100, and since there is no charging animation on screen, it is wise to let user know that level 90 has been already reached by turning green LED, so he/she has time to remove the charger until it gets to full 100. Would be great, if you introduce this improvement! Thanks ahead! Cheers.
If you only need to charge to 81% and stop, just use the Battery Care Trick.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86064/#Comment_86064

_jis_
Zen Master III
alexander.tatevyan

One more small improvement to implement: when switching manually or automatically to night light mode (blue filter mode), the transition happens sharply, not gradually as on most ofher smartphones and even Windows 10. Same happens when switching back from night mode to ordinary mode. Please, make it smooth and hence pleasant for eyes. The transition should be smooth and relatively slow.

View post
Unfortunately existing switching is buggy. So I would welcome it to fix the existing bugs before implementing other new features.
What I mean?
After toggling the Dark theme or Night light by touching Dark theme tile or Night light tile in the quick setting area, the notification panel shouldn't automatically collapse. I checked correct behaviour on Pixel phone.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34279/#Comment_34279

prashanth
Rising Star II
alexander.tatevyan

Still, BT nowadays is like wifi, people leave it turned on, so I don't see any sense in constantly showing the BT icon, even when not connected. You dont show wifi icon, when not connected, right?) Anyway, not a big deal.

Ok, another improvement I suggest you implement in future updates: please, turn green LED a bit earlier, say at 90%, not 100%. I used to have it like that on Essential PH-1 and it was super convenient. As you know, charging to 100% is not recommended for li-ion, I know lot of people, including me, who remove charger somewhere between 90 and 100, and since there is no charging animation on screen, it is wise to let user know that level 90 has been already reached by turning green LED, so he/she has time to remove the charger until it gets to full 100. Would be great, if you introduce this improvement! Thanks ahead! Cheers.

View post
I like how it is now...just because it isn stock doesn't mean it's bad implementation

prashanth
Rising Star II
_jis_

If you only need to charge to 81% and stop, just use the Battery Care Trick.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86064/#Comment_86064

View post
Batterycare is good

prashanth
Rising Star II
alexander.tatevyan

Still, BT nowadays is like wifi, people leave it turned on, so I don't see any sense in constantly showing the BT icon, even when not connected. You dont show wifi icon, when not connected, right?) Anyway, not a big deal.

View post
That would help....>90% should be green