This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

alucke23
Star I
I have a tencent phone that had a global image, but the fingerprint was still CN.

azeezahmed613
Star I
My Asus rog phone 2 keeps restarting ever since I updated in March. Several updates afterwards have not fixed the problem. It's is very very annoying and I feel like crying each time I use my phone. My phone that I saved a lot to buy. I'm highly disappointed

duta_andrian
Star I
My phone rog phone 2 tencent, i can't upgrade A10, i just donwload CN and WW a both is failed sistem, why?

duta_andrian
Star I
minilene

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/26623#Comment_26623

I have a tencent edition with the WW_PHONE_16.0622.1906.19 version. I tried to update manually but it fails and also the CTS profile match was false. I unlocked the bootloader, tried to root the phone but it didn`t work as well. Any idea of what to do?

View post
Same with me, what should i do too?

Nalre
Star I
why my rog phone 2 authomatic shutdown please tell me how to recover my phone