This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating issue ROG Phone 2 SOLVED, at last for me.

Schischu
Star II
Hello guys,
I have my ROG Phone II for almost a year now, and it was always awesome, and I never had any issues with it. But some weeks ago I started to have the same heating problems as some of you.
Issues I had:
high CPU and GPU temperatur (around 50 °C at idle and after short use, even for watching YouTube went fast over 50 °C)
Combined temperatur around 40 °C at idle and over 50° while usage

The Games started to lag, but at last Phone never shut down
The Battery drain has increased dramatically ( I had to charge it up to 2 times a day, before it was 1 time for almost 2 days)

I was at the edge to send it back. But before I did, I remembered that the problems started short after I changed some RGB and lightning settings at Armoury Crate.
At first there was no issues. But slowly my Phone started to getting hotter and also the battery drain got higher and higher.
I turned all lightning settings off and let only the X-Mode ON.
whatsapp-image-2020-07-17-at-22-11-17-281-29.jpeg

IMMEDIATELY i felt a change. The Phone doesn't overheat anymore, the battery drain went step by step back to normal. I have no more laggs in games.
MY ROG PHONE II IS BACK TO NORMAL

Try it out, if you have similar problems and post your results her. I don't know if this is the cause for the heating problems for everyone but it solved my problem.
When I was desperate I tried to find help here, so I hope that this will help some of you.

12 REPLIES 12

iqbalksah
Star III
Schischu

Hello guys,

I have my ROG Phone II for almost a year now, and it was always awesome, and I never had any issues with it. But some weeks ago I started to have the same heating problems as some of you.

Issues I had:

• high CPU and GPU temperatur (around 50 °C at idle and after short use, even for watching YouTube went fast over 50 °C)
  • Combined temperatur around 40 °C at idle and over 50° while usage
  • The Games started to lag, but at last Phone never shut down
  • The Battery drain has increased dramatically ( I had to charge it up to 2 times a day, before it was 1 time for almost 2 days)

I was at the edge to send it back. But before I did, I remembered that the problems started short after I changed some RGB and lightning settings at Armoury Crate.

At first there was no issues. But slowly my Phone started to getting hotter and also the battery drain got higher and higher.

I turned all lightning settings off and let only the X-Mode ON.

whatsapp-image-2020-07-17-at-22-11-17-281-29.jpeg

IMMEDIATELY i felt a change. The Phone doesn't overheat anymore, the battery drain went step by step back to normal. I have no more laggs in games.

MY ROG PHONE II IS BACK TO NORMAL

Try it out, if you have similar problems and post your results her. I don't know if this is the cause for the heating problems for everyone but it solved my problem.

When I was desperate I tried to find help here, so I hope that this will help some of you.

Heating issue ROG Phone 2 SOLVED, at last for me.
Where you adjust the lighting?

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
iqbalksah

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32068/heating-issue-rog-phone-2-solved-at-last-for-me

Where you adjust the lighting?

View post
open Armory Crate first. then Go to "Console" tab available at the top, then under Console tab, look at the right hand side of the screen, and scroll down and you will see "System lighting"...
You can either turn the option "Off" or customize as per your own choice of options and change them according to your preferences like if you want the light to glow during gaming, or music or notification etc. You can individually turn on or off the lights for different options.

iqbalksah
Star III
Tech_Talk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97453#Comment_97453

open Armory Crate first. then Go to "Console" tab available at the top, then under Console tab, look at the right hand side of the screen, and scroll down and you will see "System lighting"...

You can either turn the option "Off" or customize as per your own choice of options and change them according to your preferences like if you want the light to glow during gaming, or music or notification etc. You can individually turn on or off the lights for different options.

View post
Thank you !!

BlueHunt
Zen Master I