This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update failed (Your system is reverted to its original configuration)

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
The latest FOTA Version 2007.27 is not getting downloaded. System update is indeed detecting the .27 Firmware FOTA but after hitting the "Update" button, its showing "System update failed" popup with a message showing "Your system is reverted to its original configuration".

Screenshot is attached :

P.S. : After facing the problem, I cleared the cache and the data of the "FOTAService" system app and restarted the device. But after restarting, the issue is still happening.

Kindly look into the matter dear ROG team.

screenshot-20200717-025519082.jpg

38 REPLIES 38

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
Suchi

Guys the manual update is live in the website 2.2gigs. But in FOTA the same update shows as 158 MB. And this FOTA issue still persists. Skeptical of the manual update though...

View post
me too..
I am not sure about what to do, whether I should go for the manual update or wait for the FOTAService to get fixed for which the system update failure issue is happening.
FOTA is of about 158 mb while the manual update file size is 2.29 gb!
though data is not an immediate concern for me, but what if in future updates, FOTAService still acts like the same? That would be like we would always go for the manual update only if the issue keeps happening.
I think we should wait for the fix this time only. Lets see what Asus does to address the concern as I have shared the log file as well as the screen recording video with the Mod as per his request and he replied that he had forwarded the files to the dev team. Lets just wait for few more days.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
Smokin_like_a_rasta

screenshot-20200718-090339537.jpg

I don't have any heating issue.

View post
forget about any issues we could face. We didn't even get it yet. Did you install the .27 version through FOTA update or through manual?

Suchi
Star II
Smokin_like_a_rasta

screenshot-20200718-090339537.jpg

I don't have any heating issue.

View post
How did you download it? Via FOTA?

lonkarshubham25
Star II
I am facing the same problem as mentioned by @Tech_Talk ,I Request Asus to Solve this Problem As Fast As Possible ,So we could update to latest Firmware. I have attached a screenshot of this below
screenshot-20200718-135450239.jpg

Aryan202
Community Legend I
I'd just list the steps for manual update here:
1. Download this fota file (158mb)
https://fota2.asus.com/delta_package/phone/WW_Phone/formal/17.0240.2004.9-user-WW_Phone-17.0240.2007...
2. Place the downloaded file in internal storage (not in any subfolder)
3. Rename the file to this:
UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-17.0240.2007.27-1.1.204-user.zip
4. Reboot your phone the notification for updating will pop up click yes and the process will start
As easy as that!
If any of you are wondering that fota/manual update has any difference believe me there isn't
I've manually updated my Zenfone 5z many times without any issues