This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update 17.0240.2007.27 , one of the worst updates ever, Don't update your phones!!

la10sooony8002
Star III
This update is the worst update ever. My phone is hot like a toaster. I can't even hold my phone for more than a minute since the update. The heat coming out of the phone is unbearable. Please fix it.

Don't update your phones guys. Don't.
51 REPLIES 51

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Tech_Talk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97303#Comment_97303

FYI, performing a hard reset doesn't let Asus know where the problem is happening. Its just a general method by which most of the time, other issues usually get fixed.

I know how Asus works on issues like these.

To know the issue better, Asus asks users to provide System Log files which only actually provides all the detailed information on any issues happening on that device.

And I know the difference between the Tencent version and the Global WW variant. A FOTA is SKU specific service which gets pushed to the right SKU devices in batches and therefore no clash among different SKUs happen. I have applied 3 FOTAs till date since I bought this phone and there was no such issues happened until with this .27 version.

View post
Great that you got the previous updates through FOTA so it says something that the updates is working. Like I said, I got the updates through fine and the only difference between you and myself is the settings we set. FOTA pushed the incremental images for me and not the full, so if your update file was around less than 200MB and it failed, I would try the full image which is around 2.2GB, but that won't come through FOTA, which is what you are expecting. So I suspect why ASUS is asking for the IMEI number so they can push you the full image.
What's wrong with the manual way, that's what gets me.

josuellopes57
Star I
Eu também não estou conseguindo atualizar o meu aparelho e não sei fazer manualmente gostaria que alguém me ajudasse tenho medo de fazer e dá errado
screenshot-20200717-090007252.jpg
screenshot-20200717-085911906.jpg
screenshot-20200717-085925103.jpg

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97316#Comment_97316

Great that you got the previous updates through FOTA so it says something that the updates is working. Like I said, I got the updates through fine and the only difference between you and myself is the settings we set. FOTA pushed the incremental images for me and not the full, so if your update file was around less than 200MB and it failed, I would try the full image which is around 2.2GB, but that won't come through FOTA, which is what you are expecting. So I suspect why ASUS is asking for the IMEI number so they can push you the full image.

What's wrong with the manual way, that's what gets me.

View post
thats right what you said absolutely correct. Of course thats why they are asking for the device serial number as well to check with the correct batch. Thats fine. but asking to perform hard reset every now and then is not acceptable. Thats what I said. usually Asus customer support guys refer with general steps like that but they should understand that all the issues don't get fixed by performing hard reset.
No, there's no issues with Manual update and I do go for manual updates many times but since it was a FOTA automatically came in with around 158 mb of size, I thought to update through using the FOTA but the issue thereafter I faced like you know already about the System update failed issue, thats kind of an issue which I never ever faced with Asus since I am an user of Many different Asus models since 2014. Thats why I said that since I encountered the system update failure issue, I should go for the FOTA update only for this version only at least. I need to make sure that in future this kind of issue doesn't pop up again. Thats why I am following up the same with the Mod, they should also take a note on this kind of issues.

iqbalksah
Star III
Tech_Talk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97320#Comment_97320

thats right what you said absolutely correct. Of course thats why they are asking for the device serial number as well to check with the correct batch. Thats fine. but asking to perform hard reset every now and then is not acceptable. Thats what I said. usually Asus customer support guys refer with general steps like that but they should understand that all the issues don't get fixed by performing hard reset.

No, there's no issues with Manual update and I do go for manual updates many times but since it was a FOTA automatically came in with around 158 mb of size, I thought to update through using the FOTA but the issue thereafter I faced like you know already about the System update failed issue, thats kind of an issue which I never ever faced with Asus since I am an user of Many different Asus models since 2014. Thats why I said that since I encountered the system update failure issue, I should go for the FOTA update only for this version only at least. I need to make sure that in future this kind of issue doesn't pop up again. Thats why I am following up the same with the Mod, they should also take a note on this kind of issues.

View post
The Mod already PM me and ask my serial number and both EMIE number. Hopefully you got it too so that they can rectify this issue.
I also this is my first time this issue came accros me. Because previous update everything is fine and well perform

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
iqbalksah

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97324#Comment_97324

The Mod already PM me and ask my serial number and both EMIE number. Hopefully you got it too so that they can rectify this issue.

I also this is my first time this issue came accros me. Because previous update everything is fine and well perform

View post
right. I have provided all the details the Mod asked me, and lets hope the issue gets checked by the dev team thoroughly so that in future no one faces this kind of issues. in the meantime, keep checking the system update section and let me know if your update starts downloading.