This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update 17.0240.2007.27 , one of the worst updates ever, Don't update your phones!!

la10sooony8002
Star III
This update is the worst update ever. My phone is hot like a toaster. I can't even hold my phone for more than a minute since the update. The heat coming out of the phone is unbearable. Please fix it.

Don't update your phones guys. Don't.
51 REPLIES 51

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@cvlada @iqbalksah Try clearing the storage & cache of the FOTAService system app, then try again. If that doesn't work, please send me your device serial number and IMEI numbers in a PM.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@la10sooony8002 What's the reported system temp in Armoury Crate? Is the phone heating up just by being in idle? Have you rebooted the phone since updating?

iqbalksah
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@cvlada @iqbalksah Try clearing the storage & cache of the FOTAService system app, then try again. If that doesn't work, please send me your device serial number and IMEI numbers in a PM.

View post
I have try so many time already, I clear FOTa storage and cache then i restart my phone. Still cant. Then I try another method which is I just clear data and cache without restart my phone. Also still cant. Both i try still cannot. What should i do next?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@iqbalksah You can wait for the update to be uploaded to our support page, then install it manually from there.
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ROG-Phone-II/HelpDesk_Download/
In the meantime, can you please send me your device serial number and IEMI numbers over PM?
You'll find them by going to Settings -> System -> About phone -> Status

mohdashrafshari
Star III
@Gustav_ASUS , i got a reply from ASUS support earlier saying if clearing FOTAService doesn't work, i can backup data and reset my phone to factory default.

This is time consuming and not convenient. Should there be a fix by ASUS for this? Should we wait for further clarification from ASUS on this?