This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update failed (Your system is reverted to its original configuration)

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
The latest FOTA Version 2007.27 is not getting downloaded. System update is indeed detecting the .27 Firmware FOTA but after hitting the "Update" button, its showing "System update failed" popup with a message showing "Your system is reverted to its original configuration".

Screenshot is attached :

P.S. : After facing the problem, I cleared the cache and the data of the "FOTAService" system app and restarted the device. But after restarting, the issue is still happening.

Kindly look into the matter dear ROG team.

screenshot-20200717-025519082.jpg

38 REPLIES 38

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
FOTA is still up and you will find the file for manual download on our support site in a while.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
Gustav_ASUS

@Tech_Talk Can you PM me your SN and IEMI numbers?

View post
Sure. Will PM you the SN and the IMEI info as you requested.
but at the same time, FYI, I just checked the system update section once again, and the issue is still there, showing the error like what you are seeing in my screenshot above. Its getting failed again and again.

iqbalksah
Star III
Tech_Talk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97256#Comment_97256

Sure. Will PM you the SN and the IMEI info as you requested.

but at the same time, FYI, I just checked the system update section once again, and the issue is still there, showing the error like what you are seeing in my screenshot above. Its getting failed again and again.

View post
Same goes to me. But how to PM?

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
iqbalksah

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97265#Comment_97265

Same goes to me. But how to PM?

View post
visit his profile by tapping on his name and upon getting into his profile, look at the top right corner where you will see an icon with "Message" written on it. Tap on that button and you will be able to send PM.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
Gustav_ASUS

FOTA is still up and you will find the file for manual download on our support site in a while.

View post
since there's an issue with the FOTA, I wouldn't go for the manual update for this .27 version. It would be great if you fix the issue which many of us are reporting so that we can download and install the same through FOTA only. Thanks.