aspectlasta
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 5z
Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.87_20200520
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My asus 5z is not charging. Some times when I cover proximity sensor it charges and stops after few minutes. Not sure why this is happening but it is not charging even when my phone is off. The proximity sensor trick doesn't work everytime. I restarted my phone several times but the problem persists. Please give a solution for this as I won't be able to use my phone with this condition.
12 REPLIES 12

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
aspectlasta

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus 5z
  2. Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.87_20200520
  3. Rooted or not:not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Persistent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My asus 5z is not charging. Some times when I cover proximity sensor it charges and stops after few minutes. Not sure why this is happening but it is not charging even when my phone is off. The proximity sensor trick doesn't work everytime. I restarted my phone several times but the problem persists. Please give a solution for this as I won't be able to use my phone with this condition.

Asus 5z not charging problem
Did you try checking with diffrent chargers? If yes then whats the status does it charge?
If Even after changing charger n cable your device doesnt charge then unfortunately it's hardware problem i guess may be charging port is damaged to fix that only service center can help you take your device to nearest service centre for checkups
NOTE:- dont forget to take backup of your imp data before you submit your device to service centre
Thankyou☺️

aspectlasta
Star I
No its not charging with other charger but as I said with the proximity sensor trick it sometimes charges.
Also when it is charging the notification led is orange and there is a symbol in battery that denotes that it is charging but battery decreases instead. So I am pretty sure that it is a software problem.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
aspectlasta

No its not charging with other charger but as I said with the proximity sensor trick it sometimes charges.

View post
This is strange proximity has nothing to do with charging please see if safe mode behaves same on your 5z dont forget to turn your charging on after you entre in safe mode
To go to safe mode
Press n hold power button for few minutes>than you will see option to switch off,restart etc >tap n hold for few seconds on switch off option than your device will ask you to entre safe mode click ok
To exit safe mode just restart your device
Also i suggest if safe mode doesnt charge your device kindly reset your device which is last hope
To reset your device
Go to settings>system>reset options>reset all device
Note:- please dont forget to backup all your imp data before you reset
Hope reset fixes your problem but still i think it is hardware issue even after trying all workarounds if your device problem remains than only service centre will help you
Thanks☺️

aspectlasta
Star I
I know its strange but when I call someone and put it on my ear i.e when proximity sensor works, it vibrates and notification light turn on indicating it is charging where sometimes it actually starts charging but sometimes it is just a show.
Factory reset is the final option that's why I am looking for other methods to fix this problem.
Thanks for your concern.