This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
asifalimohmmad1

How to contact asus care??

View post
Based on your flag, it looks like you're from India. ASUS India Support can be found here. https://www.asus.com/in/support/

pronoob999
Star II
Ok I noted it and understood

vental_saga
Star I
Hi, I have been trick into buying a “Original Tencent global edition, 12GB ram, 1TB storage” by a retailer in Singapore, which does not allow me to refund even i show them this post.

But according to your post, the product would definitely not be a original product by asus and I cannot get hold of Asus China to clarify this as I am logging a police report in Singapore and all those email that i sent keep getting to Asus APEC which keep telling me to contact Asus China.

Are you able to assist me on this??

monalac
Rising Star I
Oh my god, mistake of Asus too due to no stock

CH_ASUS

Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:

If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"
What about this? I buy rog phone 2 tencent version and i already got this firmware
screenshot-20200715-150138979.jpg