cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5 Android 10 Bugs

Phoenixy
Star I
I'd like to report some bugs I found:
During calls, the other half can't hear me.
During Google Hangouts calls (other similar apps may also affected, like Messenger, Whatsapp) I can't hear the other half, only crazy sounds (not sure if the other half can hear me, probably not).
The default "Display size" is huge. When I set it to small in the Settings (Settings --> Display --> Display Size --> Small), it becomes much normal in terms of size, but it also creates another bug. On the home screen, one less row is available. I've attached an image, no icons can be placed on the bottom (Nothing can be placed under the "Dialer - Maps - Chrome row").
46 REPLIES 46

Moris
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi Marky.Marky

Thank you for your asking. The Android 10 platform AOSP system does not provide a removal solution for the recommended Settings. In order to maintain the stability in Android 10, we will continue to provide the recommended Settings. If you have already performed the recommended settings, we suggest that users ignore them and we apologize for the confusion.

For using Screen Color Mode or volume, if you are used to using ZenUI system, we would recommend that you downgrade to Android 9. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

View post
but do you intend to adapt Zenui on Android 10 or not?

Moris
Star I
hello, in the application `` camera '' that goes with Android 10 there is no longer the shutter speedy option that there was on the camera of the Android version 9. can we reinstall The Android 9 camera app and can you add the option in the next version of Android 10 for Asus ZenFone 5? If it is possible to download the old version can you give me the link, thank you good day.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Moshe
Thank you for your asking. If you are used to using the camera of ZenUI system, we would recommend that you downgrade to Android 9 by the following steps below
1. Download "Version Android 10 downgrade to P" and then put the image file into the root directory of the MicroSD card.
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-5-ZE620KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
2. Insert MicroSD card into phone and then power off the device.
3. Long press with "Power" key and "Volume Down" key together and stop after feel the vibration to enter Recovery Mode
4. Use "Volume Down/Up" key and press "Power" key to choose "Apply update from external storage"
5. Select the downgrade file
6. When the updating process is done, Choose "Wipe data/factory reset" and tap"Yes" to perform the master clear.
7. "Wipe cache partition" > "Yes"
8. "Reboot system now" 

#Android 10 to Android 9 Guide 
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042349

Phần mềm chụp xóa phông không còn tác dụng nhiều như lúc Android 9.0

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi saigonchieumuadong 
To avoid any misunderstanding in the conversation, please provide me your question in English. Thank you.