System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Anyone getting choppy animations on WIndows 10 (minimizing restoring etc..) when on 4k res on main monitor? It was pretty bad, after updating bios it got better but still not smooth as it should be, especially if theres a video playing.
19 REPLIES 19

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello samuelaviv,
May you record a video of the issue?
Thank you very much.

samuelaviv
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello samuelaviv,

Thank you very much.

View post
It's pretty hard to see in a video because of frame rate, maybe you can spot a tiny hiccup on restoring the window but to the baked eye it's much more choppy. The choppiness is not uniform, it happens mostly with native win10 apps, and it's just on the main screen on 4k, lower res perform much better.

Maybe it's unrelated but I also experience constant random crashes of all of the windows native apps that are open at that moment, at least 5 a day.

samuelaviv
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello samuelaviv,

Thank you very much.

View post
Okay so I made 2 screen recordings so you can see the problem clearly and in comparison to an 1080p monitor, I scroll the steam window and on the external 1080p monitor it scrolls smoothly, and on the Asus zenbook 4k main monitor scrolling is so choppy it hurts and its the same generally in animation in windows. Games work well.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello samuelaviv,
What if you set all program to work under the integrated GPU?
Thank you.