Star I
System: FA506IV Ryzen 4900
Battery or AC: AC
Model: FA506IV
Frequency of occurrence: ROUGHLY BI-hourly
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Not available
========================
Detailed description:when playing games, every hour or two I will get a huge lag in which the screen freezes. The mouse cursor can still be moved, and sound can be heard, but aside from the mouse, the screen is frozen.
things I have tried:
updating drivers for wireless net adapter
updating graphics drivers
making sure that drivers come from the website of the producer (Realtek, Nvidia)
using device settings to ensure that no power saving settings were in place regarding the wireless network adapter
checked that cpu and gpu are not overheating
clean reinstall of the OS.

I will be trying an Ethernet cable on Wednesday when I get the opportunity (to help see if the wireless card is the problem). Any ideas of things to try before then?
Quite sad as this laptop was only purchased 22nd June 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello jxw1,
Please kindly update BIOS to 308, and see if it gets better.
Also, yes, please try Ethernet cable or wifi adapter/dongle to see if there is still having similar issue.
May I know have you tried different Wifi hotspot? and all have same issue?
Thank you so much.

jxw1
Star I
I have tried multiple wifi locations and have the same result.
After following the guidance on the ASUS support website, I updated the bios. My computer will now not even load past the initial ‘ASUS in search of incredible’ screen when I turn on the power.
image.jpg
Even the 5 circling dots are choppy! 😡

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello jxw1,
Please refer to below link.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix frozen ASUS / ROG logo screen | Official Support | ASUS Glob...Let me know if you have any other issue.
Thank you so much for the update.