This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 5Z battery is draining fast

sangha_sahu
Star I
I bought this phone recently. I started using it since yesterday (11 July 2020). It's running on android 10. But I can see that battery is drained out very quickly. I run using dark mode. Even then it doesn't help. In both use and stand by mode it just drains out quite fast.
In a normal day in my previous phone Moto G6, this would last for longer.
I believe this needs a fix. Request you to take care.

4 REPLIES 4

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
If you are on .87 firmware then don't worry they are aware of this battery issue and they will fix it in upcoming updates.
Stay tuned!
Thanks!

sangha_sahu
Star I
Debasish Sahoo

If you are on .87 firmware then don't worry they are aware of this battery issue and they will fix it in upcoming updates.

Stay tuned!

Thanks!

View post
Thanks for the reply. I am attaching one more screen shot with "software information" details of my phone. Please confirm if this has the same filmware version you talked about.

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
sangha.sahu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/96148#Comment_96148

Thanks for the reply. I am attaching one more screen shot with "software information" details of my phone. Please confirm if this has the same filmware version you talked about.

screenshot-20200713-064859851.jpg

View post
Yes you are on .87 firmware. Don't worry they will fix it.

victor010
Zen Master III
Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:
1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)
2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,
5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

You may also Recalibrate battery
To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.
then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).
charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.
now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.
keep the phone unused for 5 mins.
you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.