cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rog II: oleophobic coating issue

Aksshath
Star I
Dear Team,
This is to bring your kind attention regarding, below average quality of some Asus rog II devices which have been exported to various parts of India.
My friend has been gifted an ASUS ROG II device on last december 2019 and I'm happily using it till date. As you all know, there is no point in buying a powerful gaming smartphone if we are not serious gamers. So I bought this specially for playing PUBG. As I'm a neat smartphone user, I never put a screen guard above my screen, since I was confident about ASUS's gorilla glass 6. Matters became worse from the last 3 months , as I found there was erosion of Oleophobic coating on the action areas of PUBG similar to the Navigation button side(left) having circular marks and rotation side(right) having long oval circle marks even if I played PUBG only by wearing Finger sleeves on my both thumbs.
I'm hereby attaching the phone's screen images with black wallpaper and white wallpaper just to reconfirm that the display is working superfine and not having any burn.
I'm also attaching an image of my thumb wearing finger sleeves. In this case, when I called ASUS customer care and reported the issue, they shamelessly claimed that these are marks of rough usage. But I'm assuring that there were no other marks of rough usage than Oleophobic erosion on screen's PUBG action areas. If ASUS ROG II were not a gaming phone, customercare executives can claim any blunder just to save companies revenue. But this case is a little different, I bought a premium gaming phone to play games, not to place it on the showcase. Company claimed this Smartphone as the worlds best gaming phone and having Gorilla glass 6. These two statements were completely against customers rights and I'm going to register a serious complaint against ASUS company in India's Consumer court. Expecting a reply mail or a vocal call from them, otherwise I will move to court with all evidence. Once again I'm claiming that company can't claim it under wear and tear to reject my warranty, since only oleophobic coating has the only issue in this phone.
Please refer above attachments: 
1 REPLY 1

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Aksshath

Dear Team,

This is to bring your kind attention regarding, below average quality of some Asus rog II devices which have been exported to various parts of India.

My friend has been gifted an ASUS ROG II device on last december 2019 and I'm happily using it till date. As you all know, there is no point in buying a powerful gaming smartphone if we are not serious gamers. So I bought this specially for playing PUBG. As I'm a neat smartphone user, I never put a screen guard above my screen, since I was confident about ASUS's gorilla glass 6. Matters became worse from the last 3 months , as I found there was erosion of Oleophobic coating on the action areas of PUBG similar to the Navigation button side(left) having circular marks and rotation side(right) having long oval circle marks even if I played PUBG only by wearing Finger sleeves on my both thumbs.

finger-sleeves.jpg

I'm hereby attaching the phone's screen images with black wallpaper and white wallpaper just to reconfirm that the display is working superfine and not having any burn.

marks-marked-in-red-circles.jpg

marks-on-rog2.jpg

rog-2-with-white-wallpaper-jpg.jpg

I'm also attaching an image of my thumb wearing finger sleeves. In this case, when I called ASUS customer care and reported the issue, they shamelessly claimed that these are marks of rough usage. But I'm assuring that there were no other marks of rough usage than Oleophobic erosion on screen's PUBG action areas. If ASUS ROG II were not a gaming phone, customercare executives can claim any blunder just to save companies revenue. But this case is a little different, I bought a premium gaming phone to play games, not to place it on the showcase. Company claimed this Smartphone as the worlds best gaming phone and having Gorilla glass 6. These two statements were completely against customers rights and I'm going to register a serious complaint against ASUS company in India's Consumer court. Expecting a reply mail or a vocal call from them, otherwise I will move to court with all evidence. Once again I'm claiming that company can't claim it under wear and tear to reject my warranty, since only oleophobic coating has the only issue in this phone.

Please refer above attachments: 

ASUS Rog II: oleophobic coating issue
I don't know if a Service Centre is opened in your area - but it's probably worth giving them a visit as you might be able to get a repair under warranty pending how the damage was done.
The finger sleeves looks abit rough though - what's wrong with just using the thumb?
Also, Gorilla Glass is not an ASUS thing;
Gorilla Glass 6 | Superior Resistance to Damage from Phone Drops | Corning Gorilla GlassOleophobic coating – what it is, how to clean your phone, what to do if the coating wears off