cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android-Auto Wireless issue

doondoon5
Star I
Hi guys,
last Tuesday I have installed new head unit in my car ( JVC KW-V950BW ), when I bought this head unit it was advertised as a Android Auto wireless compatible ( and it is ).
so the Android Auto basically works with wire once I enter developer to activate wireless projection on the Android auto it's stopped working completely cause car tries to connect to it wirelessly and won't work with wire anymore,
and on wireless keep sending me error 4582 ( on head unit ).
Today I have tried doing it with another phone ( Galaxy S9 ), and it works ( same Android-Auto version and settings ).
so that's excludes head unit as the problem here.
Things I have tried to do on my phone:
Updating to latest Version
Downgrading to Android 9
getting into developer in Google services app
nothing works.

15 REPLIES 15

ronald1985
Community Legend I
doondoon5

Hi guys,

last Tuesday I have installed new head unit in my car ( JVC KW-V950BW ), when I bought this head unit it was advertised as a Android Auto wireless compatible ( and it is ).

so the Android Auto basically works with wire once I enter developer to activate wireless projection on the Android auto it's stopped working completely cause car tries to connect to it wirelessly and won't work with wire anymore,

and on wireless keep sending me error 4582 ( on head unit ).

Today I have tried doing it with another phone ( Galaxy S9 ), and it works ( same Android-Auto version and settings ).

so that's excludes head unit as the problem here.

Things I have tried to do on my phone:

Updating to latest Version

Downgrading to Android 9

getting into developer in Google services app

nothing works.

Android-Auto Wireless issue
What does "error 4582" mean in the manual for the head unit?
You shouldn't need to enable Developer Mode to get Android Auto working as it is already built-in as part of Android.

doondoon5
Star I
It wouldn't even try to connect to it wirelessly without the developer option ( even on the second phone ).

My bad it's Error 4852 and the message is: "Unable to start Android Auto. Please check your phone"

ronald1985
Community Legend I
doondoon5

It wouldn't even try to connect to it wirelessly without the developer option ( even on the second phone ).

My bad it's Error 4852 and the message is: "Unable to start Android Auto. Please check your phone"

View post
The only suggestions I have is:
If the head unit is remembering the device, remove it first.
On your phone, clear cache and storage by going to:
Settings - Apps & Notifications - See all X apps - Press on the 3 dots top right corner - Show System - locate Android Auto - Storage & cache - Do clear storage and clear cache.

doondoon5
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/95634#Comment_95634

The only suggestions I have is:

If the head unit is remembering the device, remove it first.

On your phone, clear cache and storage by going to:

Settings - Apps & Notifications - See all X apps - Press on the 3 dots top right corner - Show System - locate Android Auto - Storage & cache - Do clear storage and clear cache.

View post
So I just tried what you suggested, I have initialized the head unit so it will delete all the data, and cleared the Storage and cache as you said, Still doesn't work.
I'm up for anything else you have in mind
thank you for trying.