This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Asus 6z (automatically shuts down won't start easily)

girishsonu2000
Rising Star II
I'm facing this weird usual issue
Where my phone automatically shuts down and will start after 2-3 attempts 
I think it's a new bug that came with latest software update
Is there any way to fix this? 
58 REPLIES 58

Thanks for coming back to this page Idaho! Since the Asus customer service barely responds to our inquiries, at least you did.
I'm from Europe as well, so I guess if I manage to reach them, I will have a similar experience to yours.
Would you please tell me how you contacted them? Emails, etc. Every piece of information would be extremely valuable. Thanks in advance!
PS: Otherwise I think the phone is amazing and I'm just disappointed how close it was to being one of the best phones quality-wise and price-wise. It really had a potential...

Idaho
Star III
@LP_ASUS , on page 2 of this thread gave me contact details for the UK, and I ended up using a mix of these methods, mainly chat and emails since my phone wasn't quite working...
Just now that EU Consumer rights specify that you're meant to deal with the seller first, and not the manufacturer when you have issues with a device under warranty. But in my case, the seller was an absolute nightmare to deal with (Laptop Outlet Ltd. , official reseller for ASUS in the UK), which is why it got complicated.
If you just want it "fixed" (i.e. get the motherboard replaced), just contact ASUS and they'll get someone to pick up your device at home, send it to a repair center and will deliver it back to you once it's repaired. Delays depend on how much stock they have when it comes to parts... which wasn't quite great a few weeks ago because of the virus...

frizzen
Star III
meethkstar143
Same problem with my Asus 6z
View post
the same thing

SagarP
Star I
Well even I have started to face this issue now, since couple of days after long use of the phone suddenly the cellular network is lost and sim slot fails to detect the sim card and the toggle icon keeps on toggling as the cell network is detected and then lost again. In between all of this the phone freezes and restarts and during restart the backlogt goes dim and phone restarts again...
This happened to me 2 times, yesterday night and the day before. Today when I woke up the phone was not ON, i tried turning on the phone but it was not starting up, tried plugging in the charging cable the red notification light didn't turn on.

After about 10 mins I tried powering on the device and there I saw low battery icon, immediately put the phone on charging... Phone did boot up before restarting 3 times during the boot up process.

Is this some kind of hardware issue ? Do I need to go to service center for motherboard replacement ? Is there any way to find out if my 6z has hardware issue or not ?

SagarP
Star I
SagarP

Well even I have started to face this issue now, since couple of days after long use of the phone suddenly the cellular network is lost and sim slot fails to detect the sim card and the toggle icon keeps on toggling as the cell network is detected and then lost again. In between all of this the phone freezes and restarts and during restart the backlogt goes dim and phone restarts again...

This happened to me 2 times, yesterday night and the day before. Today when I woke up the phone was not ON, i tried turning on the phone but it was not starting up, tried plugging in the charging cable the red notification light didn't turn on.

After about 10 mins I tried powering on the device and there I saw low battery icon, immediately put the phone on charging... Phone did boot up before restarting 3 times during the boot up process.

Is this some kind of hardware issue ? Do I need to go to service center for motherboard replacement ? Is there any way to find out if my 6z has hardware issue or not ?

View post
@LP_ASUS
So after this above post, my phone started and worked for about 8-9 hours and then in the evening it switched off again before giving the same sim card not being detected for 10-20 times and the toggle button going on/off. When I kept the phone aside to cool down and check after an hour the phone didnt start after multiple tries but when it finally booted up it went in a boot loop. I some how managed to turn off the phone by pressing volume (+) button + power key to go into fast boot mode and Power Off the device but after that my phone didn't boot at all.

As this phone is my daily driver I rushed to the service center the next day, fortunately the service center was open amid COVID-19 lockdown, When I submitted my phone, the phone was not booting up but was a bit warm not sure why. When I got my phone back after like 4-5 hours the Product Service Form had "Action Taken" as "MB Replaced" and "Spare Part" as "MB replaced, working fine all test pass". The guy on the service desk said that Mother board wasn't receiving power due to which the device wasn't booting up. I got my phone back on 7th July same day I submitted my phone with Mother board replaced.
After a day, I have updated the phone to the latest patch and now it seems to be working fine, hopefully I wont face this issue again. My only concern here is the IMEI number and the SN number didn't change at all. If the mother board was changed shouldn't the IMEI number change too ?

When I check the RMA repair status online on : www.asus.com/support/repair-status-inquiry/
I get this result: "The system can't find records of your inquiry!"

Was the mother board of my device actually changed or did they just open the device found something wrong fixed it and claimed the mother board was replaced ?