Youtube Green Flash Bug UM462DA

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: On both
Model: Zenbook FLip 14 UM462DA yzen 5
Frequency of occurrence: Frequently
Reset OS: Has been reset by the ASUS RMA team
Screenshot or video: Yes https://youtu.be/oWNjysZcO4g
========================
Detailed description:The screen flashes green whenever I play a video from Youtube on this laptop. I may be mistaken, but I think this has got to do with the AMD driver.
9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mahendras11235,
I see, do you remember the version of the driver that you had problem with?
and now you have updated to the same version but without issue?
Thank you so much for the update!

Sorry, I only remember this: that it starts with 25. The version number of the new driver is 26.20.12028.2.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mahendras11235,
Got it,
Thank you so much for the information.

You are very welcome Blake

A bit more info for future readers:
There is a bug in V25.20.14146.3004 of AMD chipset driver (the latest version available in the Asus UM462DA support page) which causes videos to start with a green flash. I happened to uninstall this version and let Windows auto install 26.20.12028.2 which solved the bug.
I've also did an update to 27.20.12027.1001 (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 Optional on AMD's website) which seems to be better in thermals than 26.20.12028.2. I am not sure about this, still.
TLDR: the newest chipset driver on the Asus UM462DA drivers page ( www.asus. com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-ZenBook-Flip-14-UM462DA/HelpDesk_Download/) has a bug which causes a green flash to appear whenever some videos are played. The solution for me was to install a newer version of the driver.